• The Vendor's Bazaar forum is for commercial offers and transactions. Only unmoderated members can post here.

diyAudio provides this forum for the convenience of our members, but makes no warranty nor assumes any responsibility. We do not vet any members. Use of this facility is at your own risk. Customers can post any issues in those threads as long as it is done in a civil manner. All diyAudio rules about conduct apply and will be enforced.

Amplifier Modules and PCBs For Sale

Status
Not open for further replies.
D

Deleted member 148505

Waiting for UPS to knock on my door tomorrow. Feeling the excitement.

@Lester, with the recommended heatsink from ATS, one does not have to worry about the height clearance of the 4 caps C23-24, 26-27 on the right side of the tpa3255 chip i presume?

Yes correct, the ATS heatsink will not hinder other parts selection.
That's why it's difficult to retrofit other heatsink because the height of those caps are higher than the TPA3255 chip itself.

As I saw in other class-d threads, other TPA3255 amps uses 100nf caps instead of 1uf in that area (cost considerations for heatsinking) because they are lower in height, so that they can just place the heatsink on top without using spacers or copper shim.

Can your DAC /pre provide enough juice? If you are using single ended source, you can change RA3, RB3 to 4.7K 0603 resistors. It will double the buffer gain so that you'll only need 1.4V rms input to drive it into full power.

Hello
My dac comes out 2v max, I use it as a preamp, I have temporarily attenuated the input of 3E and JLE in order to use the dac as much as possible in domestic use, a volume control is planned, but blocked for 1 month in a Chinese warehouse.
Thank for your work

regards
Bobo

D

Deleted member 148505

Found another competitor for tank cap:

Nichicon UBY1J252MHL 2500µF/63V 135° (metal can)

Very very high ripple and low ESR (but not as low as ZLJ or KZN)

Lester, you think it's better to privelege Ripple or ESR ?

Some SMPS will not tolerate high capacitance, low ESR caps as stated on DCAN-58 app note. 1800uF to 2200uF I think is enough.

Also make sure that the SMPS can handle large load capacitance, otherwise it may not start up properly or may oscillate.

I used 100pF 0805 SMT (Samsung brand) on my LME49860MAX/NOPB.

If you don't want an adapter I think you can't go wrong with LT1364CN8#PBF.

Some SMPS will not tolerate high capacitance, low ESR caps as stated on DCAN-58 app note. 1800uF to 2200uF I think is enough.

Also make sure that the SMPS can handle large load capacitance, otherwise it may not start up properly or may oscillate.

So I must choose ZLJ 2200/63V...

16053425900336917795731132770421.jpg

Last edited:
D

Deleted member 148505

Looking good. What opamp did you use? You may 'shorten' the wires of female connector and solder connect 3 core shielded wire so that noise floor will be maintained.

Attachments

• 16053425900336917795731132770421 - Copy.jpg
    16053425900336917795731132770421 - Copy.jpg
    443.7 KB · Views: 140
Last edited by a moderator:
D

Deleted member 148505

For those who have a balanced line driver, you can remove the opamps and tap pin 1 for +in, pin 4 for gnd, and pin 7 for -in.

Do not use IC socket because it has a thick rounded pins, it will make the holes of the IC socket larger, if you put opamp afterwards it will feel loose. Use thinner rounded pins instead (picture 2).

Attachments

• 77DDE70D-1FBC-4B98-837C-D5218FAA7232.jpeg
    77DDE70D-1FBC-4B98-837C-D5218FAA7232.jpeg
    81.4 KB · Views: 127
  • 83C3DEE7-31D4-4A8C-AC75-36FDCF4279CE.jpeg
    83C3DEE7-31D4-4A8C-AC75-36FDCF4279CE.jpeg
    94.1 KB · Views: 132
Looking good. What opamp did you use? You may 'shorten' the wires of female connector and solder connect 3 core shielded wire so that noise floor will be maintained.

I am using the LME49860. Yes, I will need to tidy things up once I place them in a proper chassis. They are not housed in a chassis now. The Connex SMPS and amp board is fired up and hooked up to 2 tiny computer speakers for testing and burning in while waiting for the chassis to reach me. I am not actually listening to it in my actual set up yet. I believe the amp will sound good, given the nice layout of your board.

Thanks for the trust!

Possible immediate upgrade is the input electro caps because Alexscan said that Nichicon muse is 'aggressive sounding'. Elna Silmic II is 'smooth' sounding.

Even though I have many stock of Nichicon muse right now. I will change input caps to Elna Silmic II after my next mouser order arrives.

Hello
Nichicon BP / Silmic change made 2 days ago as well as the 2 100uF, also in Silmic
Best regards
Bobo

Joined 2019
Paid Member
Thanks for the trust!

Possible immediate upgrade is the input electro caps because Alexscan said that Nichicon muse is 'aggressive sounding'. Elna Silmic II is 'smooth' sounding.

Even though I have many stock of Nichicon muse right now. I will change input caps to Elna Silmic II after my next mouser order arrives.

Sometimes the Silmic IIs dampen down the airiness at the upper end while "warming" the signal. People sometimes says they provide a "tube-like" sound but I don’t own a tube amp so I can’t vouch for that. The bi-polar MUSEs do create a bit of a aggressive upper end while neutralizing any emphasis in mods and lows (not bad if your speaker system needs that). One should also consider the "plain Jane” Nichicon KA series in the signal path. I like them for their airiness. All of them take a bit of playing to break them in.

My guess is that the op-amp picked as "your best sounding" will be affected by the choice of signal path caps as well as the overall amp design. For instance I bought a newer version of the 3e-Audio amp which came with "silmic II" caps (supposedly; one of the three cap versions that were sent out). The color of those Elna caps made them look like Cerafines than Silmic IIs. But the amp sounded really good. I changed the 8 caps out with Silmic IIs from Mouser and the sound completely changed (muted the upper end a bit ) and didn’t get any better after a week or two of playing. I changed out the 4 caps post-op amps with the KA caps which instantly improved the sound which only got better over time. Obviously Op-amp choice will still play a role in what one hears.

Cheers, Pete

Status
Not open for further replies.