And what did we buy today?

Thanks Cal, the size is appealing for sure!
Have to get myself ready for all the stuff that will be required in order to not break down, plug up/overflow, or anything else unwanted. And the tunes are awful, so that’ll be a nice diversion when I get to that point.

Spent the day freeing up all the frozen hinges, low miles but it sat for some time, the hood stood up on it’s own!

All smooth like butter now, on to the next thing…

Yes Phase. Is there ever a lot of things to know about. I am glad there is so much info in the owners manual and especially online from all those in the same ‘boat’
BTW, I spent a lot of time on boats but can’t believe how many differences there are. The pics I have are not good. but like I said, I think ours are similar inside.

Attachments

• IMG_0162.jpg
    IMG_0162.jpg
    301.5 KB · Views: 89
  • IMG_0161.jpg
    IMG_0161.jpg
    208.7 KB · Views: 92
Reactions: 1 user
Yes Phase. Is there ever a lot of things to know about. I am glad there is so much info in the owners manual and especially online from all those in the same ‘boat’
BTW, I spent a lot of time on boats but can’t believe how many differences there are. The pics I have are not good. but like I said, I think ours are similar inside.
That one looks like it was made just a little more recently, lol. Is motivating though!

This one is not only outdated inside, but needs some mechanical restoration in order to be suitable for interstate adventures. Am starting with the truck issues, and then working on the house parts.

I did manage to score a pair of some nice 4” BMW speakers that will fit in the original dash locations today while checking out some parts at the junkyard…

So today’s purchase included a trip to the walk-in clinic to try and put an end to what I had thought was a sinus infection…

Things changed when I found after a quick swab test that I am positive for the ‘rona.

And here after all this time, having worked on site the entire time…

Thanks Cal!
A trip to the pharmacy, and a couple days had things turned around, so am glad for that.

Today’s purchases included more 1/2” drive extensions, wobble sockets and a new ratchet, in an attempt to take apart the engine on our new motor home.

It seems that the dealership that replaced the head gaskets under a recall just 2,000 miles ago had neglected to even check the valve clearances. There was zero lash on one cylinder! The low compression on that cylinder was the clue, and all of the exhaust were tighter than the spec.
The dealership mechanic did however to manage to get the exhaust hardware extremely highly torqued however, supposed to have been 29 ft/lbs, are way, way more.

Onwards!

The Goodwill "Dump" has been pretty good to me lately. The Dump is where they just dump everything onto tables and let the buyers sort it out. Heavy stuff is sold by the pound.

Walked in the other day and Denon DP-47 just sitting there, strewn on top of all the other junk. Missing a hinge, crack in the top of the duct cover, needle gone in the MC cartridge, headshell handle snapped off. $5 took it home, put in a MM cart and it plays and all button functions seem to work.

More recent that same $5 brings home a working Kenwood KM-106 power amp. You almost never see a power amp there, most always a receiver. Sounds pretty darn good, even with it's Al-Els coupling the input. I found the service manual on line and cranked the bias to the max (18mA) suggested setting. I wonder how high I could go with that?

Same stop I got a Cruxgg air-fryer (big 9 qt model) that looks like it's never been used on the inside. $5. I'm going to see if it'll bake my bread this afternoon; the breadpan fits inside and I read on line you can do it in "bake" mode.

Most of the time I leave with nothing. There's a lot of pickers there, many of the same people as were there pre-pandemic. For a while I avoided the place. These days I still wear my full filtered respirator when I go in there, but I dont hang out waiting for table changes like those "pros" do. If nothing's there for me at the time, I just leave. Pretty fortunate nevertheless. Guess no one wants a Denon TT - or a Kenwood power amp.

Reactions: 1 user
I've bought so much stuff lately that it seemed obscene to list it all. Parts for various projects, most notably all the components for a home-built 50W CO2 laser. And just as the last of the bits started to trickle in from China a secondhand (2010 vintage) 1325 laser cutting machine came up for sale. If I can find someone to ship it the six hour trip from Sydney it will be mine, but at 370 x 186 cm and 650 kg there haven't been any tenders from truckers yet.

https://www.truckit.net/listing/other-general/926601