DAC AD1862: Almost THT, I2S input, NOS, R-2R

Sorry if it’s offensive, but you're the first person in the thread who doesn’t like the ad1862 sound.
Thanks for the honest review though 👍
Ahaha, a russian against all the rest of the world ? Ahahaha. There are honest alternative verity perhaps?

For what it worths all the guys that listened the LM6171 said it rocks with the bass.
The 604 is more sweet and not tigth in that area but has nice mid and treble sligthy warm. As usual it is all about the caps, I/V resistor and PS... Also the digital frontend is important... and its ps supply (dedicated yes) and smoothing cap choice. It is a game of patience.

Ah and if you see one crown or two on an AD1862, I confirm it is a fake grading as Aliexpress faux milk...lol.

Last edited:
@crymen I have a two photos of devices and acoustic.
There are old BBX with custom crossover and twitter, devices - Lynx audio (pre amp and Dac D48 and power amp is Yes 3).
I forgot to tell you what I'll be assembling the 1865 Dac with tube output. I hope he will be interesting too.

Attachments

• IMG20220712113735.jpg
    IMG20220712113735.jpg
    690.2 KB · Views: 95
  • IMG-20221103-WA0000.jpg
    IMG-20221103-WA0000.jpg
    133.9 KB · Views: 97
Sorry? I didn't get what you meant.
I just remember there was a problem getting some components for known reasons.
btw, I'm Russian too
You certainly get what I meant for those known reasons then. And for this same reasons I see zero trace of honesty but just trolling. "Thank you for this honest review" ... really?
Maybe time to re read the "Dead Souls" from Микола Васильович Гоголь.

Last edited:
No trolling at all. I really appreciate when people share their experience.
I’m not following what you’re saying, sorry. Let’s just get back to the topic discussion?
I do not believe a Dragon fly stick thumb to be better than the ad1862 of this thread. That is why I find it more trolling and dishonest...or the dac or else devices of the hifi has a serious problem. The big Marantz...well maybe, they know their stuff at Marantz...their high end were always made with care. Anyway I find more honnest the opinion of vast majority here : a well born simple dac yet great sound and than can be tweaked for the best.
But stock it sounds best than most if the modern delta sigma modern chip I have heard...and for relativly cheap.

Last edited:
Reactions: 1 user
@crymen I have a two photos of devices and acoustic.
There are old BBX with custom crossover and twitter, devices - Lynx audio (pre amp and Dac D48 and power amp is Yes 3).
I forgot to tell you what I'll be assembling the 1865 Dac with tube output. I hope he will be interesting too.
Nice setup and good environment.

I have both the Benchmark DAC 1 and the Miro 1862. I like the 1862 more but the DAC 1 does not sound bad.

One thing I noticed is that both of these DACs are warmer sound. No less of high but not powerful as some other modern chips.

I can only say it is a personal preference and I’m keeping both of them :)

Ahaha, a russian against all the rest of the world ? Ahahaha. There are honest alternative verity perhaps?

For what it worths all the guys that listened the LM6171 said it rocks with the bass.
The 604 is more sweet and not tigth in that area but has nice mid and treble sligthy warm. As usual it is all about the caps, I/V resistor and PS... Also the digital frontend is important... and its ps supply (dedicated yes) and smoothing cap choice. It is a game of patience.

Ah and if you see one crown or two on an AD1862, I confirm it is a fake grading as Aliexpress faux milk...lol.
I do agree micro’s 1862 is superior to a lot of other DACs but I don’t think not liking it would have anything to do with the country of residence.

@sworder84
Marantz SA-12SE has CS4397 delta-sigma DAC inside - from cirrus logic. They are often used in premium sound cards or studio devices. It is one of the best delta-sigma chips (same class as the PCM1794, ES9038, WM8740 and WM8742, or old good CS4328 or AD1955 ... each with a few differences) ... WM8740 and WM8742 from wolfson had the best bass in my delta-sigma experience. ES9038 is also strong in bass but highly depends on the filter (some filters are really trash). If I would build a delta-sigma DAC, cirrus logic is the choice (CS43xx).

My problem (luckily i'm not alone) with any "good" delta-sigma from my testing journey is the fatigue syndrome :sleep: Within a few hours of listening, each of these delta-sigma DACs tired me out. It is caused by those digital filters without which delta-sigma would hardly work (string or R-2R topology can work).

For me it was total mind blowing when I figure out, that I could listen to the AD1862 or AD1865 DAC for hours without getting tired (similar is experienced by people with PCM63, TDA1541A, without digital filters...) and this is something magical :wiz: You can listen and enjoy, listen and relax, it's an addiction :shhh:

Reactions: 3 users
@miro1360 I know that Marantz use a technology Marantz Musical Mastering (MMM) - all input signals are converting into DSD and after to analog signals. I was heard that is without converting chips. He also have a transport for cd/sacd disks and usb input.
Anyway he easily beat my dac for the size of scene and instruments. But I want to hear my Dac with different devices, cables, etc. I was heard the same sound just like at home. That's important.
Do you know Jlsound usb over i2s transport? How I should connect him with dac? I know he have a resistors for soldering in different ways. My friends buy one for me.