DAC AD1862: Almost THT, I2S input, NOS, R-2R

Another PCM63 and AD1862 is working. Thanks @miro1360 .

Attachments

• PCM63.jpg
    PCM63.jpg
    299 KB · Views: 189
  • AD1862.jpg
    AD1862.jpg
    261.5 KB · Views: 194
Reactions: 3 users
In the long tda1541a thread, I do not remember where, John from ECDESIGNS gave different value of the DEM decoupling caps in relation to the frequency of the standalone DEM clocking cap.

I will read the paper of Rogic that is making more sense imho. Stay between 470 to 580 pF for the DEM clocking cap and 0.1 to 0.2 uF (you won't notice the difference) for the 14 DEM decoupling caps. Preferabilly if you design a board for friends : make the inductance the lowest : short smd caps, one side of the cap near the pin or rigth on them, last side of the cap rigth to the analog ground, use vias if needed. Try the last acrylic from Panasonic. And a good one for the DEM clocking : silver smd Mica or non metalized MK (FKp2, the Wima ones with yellow bottom) or radial styren from LCR on Farnell. So short caps, not huge ones ;)

This regulator has internal protection against overload. Is not the fuse in powersupply broken? Or is the voltage between these 2 pins?

Next task will be to find the short on +5VD on DAC pcb o_O
Thanks Miro!
Phew, it's a fuse!
Where would you go first to trace the shortage on DAC pcb? Or just randomly checking between two points related to the +5VD?
Thanks!

Reactions: 1 user
Perfect, congrats :geek: Come back later and tell us something about the sound :)
The sounds is perfect and I really liked it. I listened to different types of music by using SparkoS SS3601, Burson V6 Vivid and LM6171. I'm very satisfied with what has been achieved. Magic :) In my personal opinion the PCM63 project is better and has potential for further improvements. I'm preparing the next project TDA1541A.

Reactions: 1 users
Thanks Miro!
Phew, it's a fuse!
Where would you go first to trace the shortage on DAC pcb? Or just randomly checking between two points related to the +5VD?
Thanks!
Exactly aj @Brijac told, most probably it is somewhere near a solder joint. (if you check the PCB, GND plane is very close to each solder joint) :)
... if not, than remove J9 jumper and measure ...

Reactions: 1 users