I got my new lamp. It is for commercial projection use. people use it to replace the

Status
This old topic is closed. If you want to reopen this topic, contact a moderator using the "Report Post" button.
Hi minoten
yes, they have single and double ended versions of the 250w and 400w, they had sent the confirmed information for me yesterday, it is a word file, but i can not open it, why?
i don know.i asked once more.wait, pleace.
the bulb will run off an electronic ballast of 400w HMI,like my projector:
An externally hosted image should be here but it was not working when we last tested it.

An externally hosted image should be here but it was not working when we last tested it.

the bulb can run off most electronic ballast
i don't know the features of the included e-ballast now,
you need the glue that bond the lamp and the reflector.
Sorry I can not get a 400W electronic ballast.

Hi Me2!wait, pleace

Hi agent.i will try to do it

Hi prime the model is "PMA161X USHIO INC"."MADE IN JAPAN"

Re: Catalogue

Me2! said:
YWH,

It sounds like you have access to many items I would be interested in.

If the quality is good, I'd refer friends to your catalogue too. Can you provide a list?

Here you are:

18wheeler's DIY Parts Store :)

As you will find, many important informations are not included. That means either we (ywh and I) don't know or we couldn't confirm those information.

Items with price tags and 'add to cart' button are ready to be ordered. All the price include the shipping cost and the necessary paypal fee. Ballasts are ready for non-US (non 110V) order. Once I receive my ballast and test it work in 110V, I will make it available for ordering.

Hello 18wheeler,

Any idea on when the 400w bulb would be available for purchase to the US? Also I would just like to buy the 400w bulb and holders without a ballast, would this be possible?

Lastly, I would like to thank both you and ywh for spending your own time and effort in making these great and obscure parts available for the rest of us. If they are as good as they seem to be, it'll be a boon to the diy community.

http://www.lamptech.co.uk/Spec Sheets/Philips UHP120.htm:

INteresting Side note read this page............. Notice the Following
"By operating the arc at high pressure, typically in excess of 200 atmospheres"

then I mosey on over to
http://www.tvtechnology.com/features/Tech-Corner/f_technology_corner-07.07.04.shtml

And see
"Fluorescent lamps typically operate at rather low pressures of a few atmospheres; UHP lamps operate at pressures above 200 atmospheres. The scuba divers reading this know well that an atmosphere, corresponding to standard atmospheric pressure at sea level, is about 14.7 pounds per square inch. 200 atmospheres is then about 3,000 pounds per square inch."

Dare I ask what happens if we happen to drop one of these suckers
??????

It is GE's HMI 575W lamp. It is mostly used in stage lights, but a few overhead projectors also use it. Such as Elmo SolarDelux, Dukane 670, 680, 3M 9800, etc.

If you have one of those OHPs, you can use it without modification. the price for a single bulb is normaly above $100. But recently I have seen a eBay store selling them for ~$80.

YWH had supplied this bulb(400hr life version ) to our community. Two group buys were set up by him an myself. I am considering stock this bulb in my little "parts store", since quite a few people asked me for this lamp after ending of the group buy. However, the price of the bulb has been increased to $36 a piece, which make it less attractive.

I think ywh has said the 400W lamp is available, but not its matched ballasts. but I will confirm it with him. If so, I will make it available. I will also add holders.

It is not the first time ywh made a boon in our DIY community. Don't forget he was the first person introduced using LCD monitor as video source to us. That was the first ture high quality big picture in our forum.

sabrex said:
Hello 18wheeler,

Any idea on when the 400w bulb would be available for purchase to the US? Also I would just like to buy the 400w bulb and holders without a ballast, would this be possible?

Lastly, I would like to thank both you and ywh for spending your own time and effort in making these great and obscure parts available for the rest of us. If they are as good as they seem to be, it'll be a boon to the diy community.

Wow, this is interesting stuff! :nod:

Based on that chart posted above, it is clear that for bulb life and lumen output we really want to power these bulbs with DC rather than AC. I can build DC power supplies or any kind of power electronics so I'm wondering what these ballasts really do. Does anybody know or has anybody tested the output of a ballast to see if they have a constant output voltage or if there's an initial voltage peak or a repeating waveform of some sort? I don't know much about these bulbs (or even the metal halide bulb I use in my pj) so I have no idea what kind of voltage they require to strike and maintain an arc.... any help would be great because I'd love to build my own ballast :wiz:

Hmm, looking at this datasheet it appears there is a 14,000 V ignition spike to get the bulb going... nevermind, I'll just buy a ballast because testing my own design at that kind of voltage would be "interesting" :bigeyes: :D

How does the arc length of these UHP bulbs compare to the standard 400W metal halide bulbs that most follks are using on their diy pj's? I can't find the number anywhere on Iwasaki's page.

18wheeler said:
I think ywh has said the 400W lamp is available, but not its matched ballasts. but I will confirm it with him. If so, I will make it available. I will also add holders.

Ok thanks, I'll buy the 400w and holders as soon as they're available and let everyone know if it works with my 400w electromagnetic ballast or if it explodes. :D

rth said:
Hmm, looking at this datasheet it appears there is a 14,000 V ignition spike to get the bulb going... nevermind, I'll just buy a ballast because testing my own design at that kind of voltage would be "interesting" :bigeyes: :D

How does the arc length of these UHP bulbs compare to the standard 400W metal halide bulbs that most follks are using on their diy pj's? I can't find the number anywhere on Iwasaki's page.

Arc length for standard bulbs is 22-55 with 27 seeming to be the most common. The issue with arc length is that the reflector and fresnels are designed for point sources so a longer arc may mean that the light cannot be used by the reflector or fresnel so that a bulb that produces 40,000 lumens may yield a darker image than a 20,000 lumen bulb where more or the light can be used. I don't know that anyone has proven this but it sounds like a reasonable assumption. It will be interesting to get a comparison with someone replacing a traditional bulb and comparing the brightness.

rth said:

I think this is the datasheet for your bulb
http://www.eyelighting.com/tb/MH/multimetal/hoho/EQS-N-52-78-52680.pdf
and the arc is 47mm, one of the longest that I've seen, so you may see significant benefits by going with a shorter arc.

Wow, shorter by a factor of 10! :bigeyes: This really will be an interesting experiment because I often hear that a 1000 W metal halide bulb won't give much more light than a 400 W bulb due to the fact that the fresnel can't take advantage of the longer arc that it throws, so essentially you get a little more light with a LOT more heat. These bulbs are the opposite... you get a LOT (we're assuming) more light and equal or lesser heat depending on which model you choose. I like it :cool:

I enjoy my diy projector but it's just not bright enough for me (dull colors and dark night scenes) so I'm considering getting a used CRT machine but if this little bulb will work a miracle (twice the light?) then I might stay with the frankenstein box. :idea:

Everyone has been asking me for the URL where I found all the lamp/ballast/reflector information.

Here it is: http://www1.ushio.co.jp/catalog/100e/1035.html

You can see that the ballast is a PMA161A, not X as shown on YWH's ballast. I do not know what this means.

I like the UMID250 250W 6500k 85CRI 3,500hr 3mm arc gap bulb, but they do not list the lumens.

Ushio even sells reflectors for these things, this is a one stop shop!

I PM'd YWH with the link to the bulbs I found last week with a short arc, same lumen output, etc. Perhaps he could get them cheaper there, I do not know.

So Ywh,
- How much for a UMID250 & PMA251A Ballast?
- How much for the UMR-250 reflector for the UMID250?
- Whats the lumens on the UMID250?

I got money sitting right here but I can't part with it until I get some answers!

:smash:

You know, maybe we could find the other Chinese manufacturers of the rest of the important projector components, import them at rock-bottom prices, and put them together ourselves? ;) How much for a 5,000 pc custom injection mold job? You gotta know that Infocus makes profit on these things...

Re: my ballast inside the dream vision dl500

ywh said:
the model of the ballast is PMA161X,

other ballast

hi YWH, thanks for posting the pics of the ballast.

i noticed that your 150 watt ballast is almost the same as the 120watt UHP ballast inside my DL500.

the only difference is the specs of the Philips lamp Driver for the 25KV igniter.
yours indicates EUC 150 C/ 00 lampdriver.
mine has a lable EUC120 F/ 00 lampdriver.

do you also have the ballast for the 120 watt UHP AC lamp?

Status
This old topic is closed. If you want to reopen this topic, contact a moderator using the "Report Post" button.