Iron Pre Essentials Kits For The DIYA Store - Register Your Interest

Joined 2019
Paid Member
I just took a coffee break from packing... I received the boxes to keep the CineMags cozy and warm (Just like Mama). ;) My original ideas to keep those jewels (they're even prettier in person) safe were not suitable.

I believe someone asked if they might be able to receive a kit by Christmas. They will not be available for order by Christmas given the madness in shipping / logistics around the holidays. However, with a bit of luck and more caffeine, members could be getting their notes by EOY allowing them to place orders. However, it may be into January.

Some teasers of what to expect...

Edited to add a bit more padded timing... lest people get their hopes up too high. We're trying very hard, but timing will be ... what it will be.

Attachments

• Balanced Kit.jpg
    Balanced Kit.jpg
    534.9 KB · Views: 765
  • SE Kit.jpg
    SE Kit.jpg
    674.1 KB · Views: 436
  • Transformers.jpg
    Transformers.jpg
    475.7 KB · Views: 424
  • Thank You
Reactions: 23 users
Also have an M2 just a few steps from complete to pair with it...just have to get to the other side of the holiday's

Ditto. I have the M2X with the traditional M2 front end. I'm still chasing down a small baseline hum in it that you can hear about a foot away from some ~90dB sensitive speakers, but not from the listening seat. It really is interesting to compare the application of transformers in various designs: the gain in M2, the phase splitter/feedback in F6, and this forthcoming project.

Winters are long and dark in Maine, so I'll keep warm by the glow of my soldering iron. :rofl:

Reactions: 3 users
Joined 2019
Paid Member
Hello!

I hope everyone is doing well. I appreciate everyone's patience. A quick update that orders will definitely be pushed into January. How long into January is still a bit up in the air. However, the delay helps ensure that you're all going to be as happy as you can be with your kits, and that they arrive safely to you.

I admit that I had no idea what work that the DIYA team puts into listing, selling, distributing, and shipping to make this as seamless as practical for us DIYers. They're awesome!

Hope you all have a joyous holiday season!

:santa2::snowman2::grouphug::deer::xmastree:

• Thank You
Reactions: 12 users
Although my bench is cleared:
3E9531A7-57CB-4CF5-B79C-F777355D5529.jpeg

A visit to my brother loaded me up with toys and repair projects as I lent out an Aleph J and an F6… but didn’t tell him what they were. Toys to enjoy. Just listen and tell me what you think.

I’m really looking forward to this iron pre. The M2X is surprising me.

Reactions: 2 users