Iron Pre Essentials Kits For The DIYA Store - Register Your Interest

My view from the workbench (which also doubles as a dining room table in the off season :ROFLMAO: ) Tree on the right, stocking on the left and a nice view outside of the 2 feet of snow on the ground. Was -32C yesterday and today thankfully warming up, -10.

Can anyone spot the octal SITs on the bench? :ROFLMAO:

Cheers

:santa2:

Work Bench.jpeg

Last edited:
Reactions: 2 users
My back hurts just thinking of the 4.5kva transformer in that bad boy... I glanced at it on google. Apparently, the caps in that amp see some serious heat.
It’s a classic. Wham bam thank you Dan and all. But it did have some artifacts in the mids and highs, I have read. Never owned that amp, but wanted to for a while. Now lurking around in the shadows, one day to own an XS300. That will be so old it needs refurbishment. But life is long, and maybe next year, Mighty will launch his long awaited Babelfish XS300 project :rofl:

Reactions: 2 users
Joined 2019
Paid Member
You may feel free to add your name, and please do so.

For transparency - All of the kits for the first run will very likely be purchased by people that have already expressed interest (particularly if you'd like a balanced kit). However, there is still a small chance you could get one of the kits. Fret not though, it's highly likely that they'll be a permanent addition to the store.

• Thank You
Reactions: 1 user
This is a happy discovery, was just browsing areas of DIYA that I don't often spend time on and stumbled on this amazing gift :). Look forward to this becoming available, thanks for all the hard work that has gone into bringing this to us greedy Boyz. Merry wishes and a happy new year..dB

And would love to add my name too
- balanced preferred

A little slow on this Boxing day morning, found the link and added my name

Last edited:
Reactions: 1 users
Joined 2019
Paid Member
@Skylar88 and @dBel84 - Pop your name onto the list through filling out the form linked in post #1. This will help us to forecast future runs and give us a bit of an idea of some 'extras' people might appreciate.

Rumors of some really, really beautiful chassis work and some level of a completion kit are in the air.

Hope you'll both enjoy your kits. It's an incredible project.

Edited to add - Skylar88, fantastic!

Reactions: 3 users
Thanks @ItsAllInMyHead. I'm looking forward to building this pre and comparing it to my B1 R1 with boutique caps. Up till now nothing has come close to the sound!

My gratitude to everyone involved for bringing to us Greedy Boyz, what I believe is a very special preamp. And of course, thanks to Zen Mod for the initiative!

What’s wrong with using it to drive a tweeter or compression driver in an active set up ?
Yes, Mighty’s of course right. In fact, according to Pa’s writings one of the precursors to developing the F1 was the current sources performance with a ribbon tweeter, leading to more experimentation.

Haven’t tried that myself, but getting there.

Sorry for innacurately describing the F2’s uses, must have had one of my perpetual strokes :rofl: