Lazy Singing Bush

Joined 2019
Paid Member
Thanks! For followers I use either a Broskie 12AU7 SRPP, K79 SRPP, or BA3 linestage. I have a vinyl rig (Thorens, Pearl II), but because of a space restriction have been listening to predominantly digital. For that, I use Miro's TDA1541a dac or his PCM63 dac.

Reactions: 1 user
Official Court Jester
Joined 2003
Paid Member
we all know that AVC is best served when having proper buffer ( stage with looow Rout,with or without gain) in front

which means AVC seeing full swing

now, I presume that swing you need isn't overly high, but worth noting anyways ...... I don't think AVCs you can find on market these days are optimized for 50-60Vpp

so, to conclude, for sake of :deerman: , when having AVC (desirable), best scenario is: input buffer going in - AVC going in - gain stage of choice going in - power follower amp

Official Court Jester
Joined 2003
Paid Member
now, when you get enough listening time, care to write some comparison between SB and LSB, hopefully taking in account influence of gain stage(s) in front of LSB

I mean, it could be useful to some Greedy Boy in future, sorta ridiculous having both of them and changing corresponding to mood

on second thought, not ridicolous ...... why not ....... :rofl:

Reactions: 1 user
Joined 2019
Paid Member
Attaching some measurements. Not surprisingly, it measures nicely. For me, it sounds very much like my Singing Bush, but slightly cleaner and with more of that lucid, follower character. Sounds great with every linestage I've tried so far. The first measurement is with the standard .2up/.2down mu arrangement. The second adds an additional .1 to the top, so .3up/.2down. Not surprisingly, losing some of the MU gain increases the distortion a bit, but in the end I prefer this combo. Also attached a measurement of my Singing Bush for comparison (same gain part, same PSU, chassis, etc).

Attachments

• LSB01.jpg
    LSB01.jpg
    165.1 KB · Views: 76
  • LSB02.jpg
    LSB02.jpg
    175.1 KB · Views: 80
  • SB-compare.png
    SB-compare.png
    60.2 KB · Views: 78
Reactions: 2 users