Lazy Singing Bush

Official Court Jester
Joined 2003
Paid Member
Ok, so a 2SK77B has same "form factor" as the "puck" MOSFETs?
It is nice to see distortion profiles with dominating 2nd and a bit of 3rd and then other harmonics almost zero.

go back to page 1
in first several posts you can see exact performance of pure MOS, Schade MOS, and SIT iterations

all 3 laid out with all necessary graphs, sans Papa's most beloved giglywigly showing superimposed main and residue - I'm too lazy to arrange that test, too much hassle

Official Court Jester
Joined 2003
Paid Member
and difference between 2SK77B and IXYS puck form factors

Attachments

• Lazy Singing Bush SIT_SET pcb Eagle sshot.png
    Lazy Singing Bush SIT_SET pcb Eagle sshot.png
    28.7 KB · Views: 72
  • Lazy Singing Bush SIT pcb Eagle sshot2.png
    Lazy Singing Bush SIT pcb Eagle sshot2.png
    28.5 KB · Views: 62
Joined 2019
Paid Member
Its an unbelievable, emotional, three-dimensional, pleasure machine. The sound is huge and palpable. UNREAL. Gonna have to build another big SIT amp I guess.

I've continued experimenting with mu values. Attached screenshot for .3/.13. Listened to .35/.07 earlier, and now working back up. Listening to .35/.1 right now. Granted I'm throwing most of the mu-fo advantage away, but its fun to play and listen.

Attachments

• LSB03.jpg
    LSB03.jpg
    165.4 KB · Views: 64
Reactions: 1 users
Official Court Jester
Joined 2003
Paid Member
besides ........ Pa so spoiled Greedy Boyz of lately, with all those Swiss Knife little blingies

easy to build, one Iq for morning, second Iq for noon, third Iq for evening, fourth Iq for night, one THD for morning, second THD for noon, third THD for evening, fourth THD for night, one phase for morning, second phase for noon, third phase for evening, fourth phase for night, one PSU for morning, second PSU for noon, third PSU for evening, fourth PSU for night ...............

in short, even if I came to some novel idea to spoil Greedy Boyz further, inevitable to find later that Pa already covered it, 6 months ago

crazy.gif

Joined 2019
Paid Member
Thanks! And, yeah, I know what you mean. I'm cautious to not oversell an amp, but at the end of the day, I prefer to be honest about what I'm what I'm hearing.

Of course, it probably appears that I really love everything I've built, and that's largely true. But that's also because I'm selective about what I'm building and there are a ton of amazing amps to be built around here :)

Reactions: 1 user
Joined 2019
Paid Member
Ok, one more measurement. This one .35/.07 – practically straight CCS. You can start to see more 3rd. and even some 4th creep in. So far, .35/.1 has been a sweet spot for my tastes.

Second image is an animated GIF showing the four measurement frames – starting with largest mu 'action' and ending with near CCS.

Attachments

• LSB04.jpg
    LSB04.jpg
    165.4 KB · Views: 65
  • lsb-frames.gif
    lsb-frames.gif
    241.7 KB · Views: 75
Reactions: 1 user