Lazy Singing Bush

Zen (Edit: or anybone else who knows😎):

This is an example of what someone wrote: ”I’m running the VDS at about 29v with a power supply of 65v”

Why do these topologies burn off energy from 65V to 29V in the IXTN- device, would it not be more efficient to start with a power supply voltage closer to the 29V given to the Tokin?

What the heck am i not understanding about this?☝️🙂

Last edited:
Official Court Jester
Joined 2003
Paid Member
beauty of New Age Era, everything is just click away :rofl:

but, for some things, your click must be used for Book of Yore .....
there are some very clever and of great pedagogic value bookz about toobz
graphical tools for load lines are not just handy to construction, but also giving you understanding how to f it really works

beauty of New Age Era, everything is just click away :rofl:

but, for some things, your click must be used for Book of Yore .....
there are some very clever and of great pedagogic value bookz about toobz
graphical tools for load lines are not just handy to construction, but also giving you understanding how to f it really works
Hehe, Yeah, you laugh at the n00b🙂🙂🙂

I have actually aquired Bob Cordells book ”Designing Audio Power Amplifiers”

But i havent really yet got it all, and memorized it all, in its full entirety 🥳

And I am not sure if it will adress all of my newbie-questions about class A SIT-Tokin-amps 👻

Attachments

• 844B8B5F-0EDC-4AA2-9DB8-FA5D5F16EFE2.jpeg
    844B8B5F-0EDC-4AA2-9DB8-FA5D5F16EFE2.jpeg
    218.7 KB · Views: 53
I remember many years ago a teacher told me that Ohms Law + Kirchhoff's laws were the only I needed to know. Then everything could be "derived" from that. It is correct for DC but for AC it gets a bit more complex. With equivalent diagrams for the active components and a little knowledge about L and C impedance (frequency and time) we are almost there with basics as far as I remember from the books.

Official Court Jester
Joined 2003
Paid Member
capacitances aren't that much important - there is so small Miller capacitance effect, because part is working practically in source follower (common drain) mode

and, gate is driven with/from extremely low impedance ( practically from mid point of resistors in own source, through big cap) ......

capacitances aren't that much important - there is so small Miller capacitance effect, because part is working practically in source follower (common drain) mode

and, gate is driven with/from extremely low impedance ( practically from mid point of resistors in own source, through big cap) ......
Ok, then I will give the 170P a try.......
The SIT distortion curves look nicer than pure MOSFET. I guess this is audible.

Official Court Jester
Joined 2003
Paid Member
say that newest Monoblock cases from Modushop are adequate for that sort of heat

if one buys option with heatsinks on both sides, it can be used with one OS part on one side , second OS part on other side, and narrower case (vs. regular ones) is good for shorter wires between two sinks and there is plenty of space in case itself for any scenario for PSU ( except if one insists on using Tube Mercury rectifiers)

problem - each side of 400deep case is made of two 200mm "deep" heatsinks, so using heatspreader plate on each side is a must

damn, and everything bellow 10mm thickness is not going to work good, for heatspreader