Official M2 schematic

Joined 2012
Paid Member
I think maybe the hum and interference gets all confused with that wiring going every direction and then just plain gets lost. Besides, schubert makes up for it by having that cool custom copper shield and bracket on the Edcor transformer and the custom top plate for the Antek transformer. Please let us know how it sounds.

Joined 2008
Paid Member
The bracket is to hold the film input cap. The custom cover for the Antek transformer is a saucepan. Propitious may be right - it's very quiet, save for a high pitched whine which I don't think is related to the M2 circuitry at all. The first impression (first 30 seconds of listening) was a softness in the treble/upper midrange reminiscent of old tube equipment, but that didn't last. It's a warmish sound compared to Vince DiNenna's F6, which I've been listening to for a while. Very enjoyable.

Ok, I've have my new M2 burning in for a few days, and move it out of my garage and into a more worthy system where my F6 was residing. The M2 really changed quite a bit with burn in, everything firmed up. The amp is dead silent, the bass is more than adequate, very solid, the highs are very natural. It projects a very wide deep soundstage, and sounds really detailed to me. The vocals are crystal clear. Feels like you are at the concert. Found myself thinking that this was the best sound I ever had gotten out of this system. In short a brilliant amplifier. Eventually I'll switch the F6 back in to see what differences stand out, but I can't bring myself to do it just yet. But from memory I'd say the M2 seems to have a slightly more enveloping sound, and really sweet vocals. Many thanks to Nelson for his generous gift(happy belated birthday), and to Grimberg for making his boards available.

Paul

A quick M2 build update ( Teabag Version )
We had some delay issues with the toroidal transformer and decided to source another from Germany

Currently making some alloy angle pads to mount the power supply transistors then the internal wiring will be started

Here is a mockup of the amp as it stands

Attachments

• image.jpeg
    image.jpeg
    156.2 KB · Views: 612
A quick M2 build update ( Teabag Version )
We had some delay issues with the toroidal transformer and decided to source another from Germany

Currently making some alloy angle pads to mount the power supply transistors then the internal wiring will be started

Here is a mockup of the amp as it stands

Is your casework deep enough to turn that PS board lengthwise and move the diode boards alongside the toroid and closer to the front panel?

BK

There are compromises in both the case and supply board designs.

Yes it is.
But then the board would be almost hard up against the mains input.

Why ?
What benefit or issue do you envisage ?

Lengthwise allows a more symmetrical wire routing, that's all. Simply a question. If I had the room my OCD tendencies would run it lengthwise. I did my own M2 with Tea's Clone boards and PS as shown, but I had a smaller 4U case...

BK