Simple DSD modulator for DSC2

https://support.xilinx.com/s/question/0D52E00006hpKWFSA2/xilinx-tools-impact-64?language=en_US

BEST SOLUTION

DISCLAIMER: Xilinx does not officially support using Windows 8.1 or Windows 10 with ISE Design Suite
-

You can install ISE 14.7 Labtools 64-bit as follows: . . .<-----(click on the link to download it)

After installation completion of iMPACT labtools 14.7 in windows 10 environment follow procedure below:

1. Open the following directory: <install_path>\ LabTools\LabTools\lib\nt64
  2. Find and rename libPortability.dll to libPortability.dll.orig
  3. Make a copy of libPortabilityNOSH.dll (copy and paste it to the same directory) and rename it libPortability.dll
  4. Copy libPortabilityNOSH.dll again, but this time navigate to <install_path>\ LabTools\common\lib\nt64 and paste it there
  5. In <install_path>\ LabTools\common\lib\nt64 Find and rename libPortability.dll to libPortability.dll.orig
  6. Rename libPortabilityNOSH.dll to libPortability.dll
Important : Above workaround works directly on Windows 10 machine, you need to install IMPACT 14.7 on Windows 10 machine (not in VM)

----------------------------------------------------------------------------------

Or do you want to install the Windows10 Virtual Box version of ISE 14.7?

https://www.xilinx.com/support/down...nloadNav/vivado-design-tools/archive-ise.html

Last edited:
Joined 2009
Paid Member
Done?

Attachments

• Captura de pantalla (24).png
    Captura de pantalla (24).png
    56.3 KB · Views: 80
Assume you mean the left and right channels are swapped? What program are you using to play PCM files? Maybe it can swap the channels, if that's the problem? Also, your USB board can probably swap the L/R channels. Other than that, AKM dac chips I am familiar with default to an inverted BCLK when playing DSD.

Joined 2009
Paid Member
No need to ask at Daphile thread, I know no way to swaps channels using Daphile.

I use Amanero firmware no swapped dsd channels for sure, confirmed with Domenico (Amanero owner).

I only have problems when the Simple DSD Modulator coverts PCM to DSD swapping channels and when playing native DSD512 files, so for sure the issue is firmware related.

No one more people with the same issue?

I only have problems when the Simple DSD Modulator coverts PCM to DSD swapping channels and when playing native DSD512 files, so for sure the issue is firmware related.
although it is not really answering your problem
if only DSD is swapped, you can use the maintenance tool to swap the DSD channels only
or are DSD64/128/256 unswapped?

Reactions: 1 user
Its the PCM channels from Daphile that need swapping so that the SimpleDSDConverter DSD outputs will be swapped too.

Either that or if its a DSD only dac then the L/R data output channels from the DSD converter can be swapped by swapping the wires. Of course, then Native DSD and DoP would need swapping back in Amanero.

Not having that problem here. Checked with two different dacs. However there are two different standards for DSD channels on I2S bus, one version is swapped as compared to the other. That's why some USB boards have the ability to swap DSD channels. Its to make it work with either type of dac.

AK4499EX dac and Andrea Mori DSD-only dac. USB board is I2SoverUSB, which as a jumper to swap the Native DSD channels.

So, here's what should work for you: Swap the output wires so that Simple DSD Converter channels are correct. Then set the DSD channel swap option in Amanero so Native DSD channels are correct too.