Slewmaster - CFA vs. VFA "Rumble"

All input stages are classA, so dissipation is constant. The only thermal change (after some settling time) is from ambient temperature, equal for all transistors from input to output from VAS. If you will change temperature of one isolated component, this is unrealistic and useless, here is always thermal dependence of e.g Vbe, you cannot supress this. One must try to do this negligible in whole circuit, and to try to compensate one compenent with other.
Thermal changes and resulting bias changes in output stage (due to variable power dissipation) have to solve Vbe multiplier with proper thermal coupling to ouput transistors.

have you seen this inputstage from a well known manufactor?
Look how the VAS stage(Q605 + Q609 positive) is coupled as a "CCS" kind of.
An externally hosted image should be here but it was not working when we last tested it.

Rather post something like the pm11, the manufacturer has been using this topology for over 7 years and has it well worked out.

No. It was unstable. I feared hurting my ops so I put it aside until you and Pete got it resolved. So now I have Krypton-V, infidel and Eye see all built and none singing. These new designs are a bit tougher to get right.
Is the Kypton-v unstable to you?
Mine is stable so i can't understand why...?
Look Terry you must listen to this Kypton-v.
Try to debug it and do a listening test it is something absolutely necessary

Pull the super pair ,do a listening test and report again.I want your opinion about this IPS.
Is any Kypton-v SINGING out there?

I haven't tested yet. These are the changes I made. Please take a look and see if I missed anything.

Thanks, Terry

Attachments

• Kypton-V-screen-foil with changes.jpg
    Kypton-V-screen-foil with changes.jpg
    372.5 KB · Views: 430
  • kyptonv fixed.jpg
    kyptonv fixed.jpg
    174.4 KB · Views: 427