Solid Solid State Power Amplifier

Status
This old topic is closed. If you want to reopen this topic, contact a moderator using the "Report Post" button.
As the previous measurements were captured by 8-bit A/D, which is not very nice, I add several oscilloscope screenshots:

Attachments

• BB_10k.JPG
    BB_10k.JPG
    54.8 KB · Views: 569
  • BB_42Vp_4R.JPG
    BB_42Vp_4R.JPG
    83.5 KB · Views: 553
  • BB_Vp-p.JPG
    BB_Vp-p.JPG
    66.5 KB · Views: 548
Last edited:
Beautifull curves are very good to women..to amplifiers, i prefere good sound

Emitter follower, the same i use..interesting.

Rail regulators..the same i use..interesting again.

Double symetrical differential..this one i do not use..i do not like.

Nice amplifier...need a celebration..sending to Pavel a gift..maybe he will be happy with my gift.

Cheers...this one is from Germany.

Good news, will pay your visits, will read your posts and will evaluate your amplifiers..or your amplifier..or this one you copied..from John Curl i think.... maybe you can do one by yourself..i can suggest you several ideas dear Pavel.

Well..if you have time naturally, if you boss let you do something different while fixing damaged instruments.

regards,

Carlos

Attachments

• Gift for you.jpg
    Gift for you.jpg
    77.9 KB · Views: 512
I am glad to cooperate, as you use to visit me...i am educated and will be visiting

you too.... we gonna see each other much more, and them the pleasant moments will repeat the same way you were offering me kind presence.

You are welcome.

Will do much more for you....gladly...visiting me will have me back again.

regards,

Carlos

Last edited:
With all my heart..at the end we are old friends..of friends already old

You seem have sixty..... i am going to the sixties too.

Lovely amplifier....have copied as you told..... why that..you have imagination and creativity...at least you think others have.... seems you may have too.

Why not to create something by yourself..that Voltage follower was a copy..what about to do something by yourself..will be a nice contribution.

I will build..and will be happy to evaluate...may sound very good..now i have a scope and the instrument may be happy.

You are now leaving in my heart..... visiting me i will pay....i am educated...this is polited, to pay so nice attention and friendly visits.

I have re opened several threads..so, you have a lot to visit..and i will be with you a lot...good that isn't it?

I had you in the ignore list...but really dear Pavel.... i was ignorant....because of that ignore list was attracting me so much..will be with you...alike the good and old (very) friends we are..for our enjoyments, celebrating peace and harmony.

Have an amplifier...made by you..say...created, designed...i would love to listen and to make reviews about..may be very creative..maybe you will use selenium transistors, and things alike that.

I just cannot wait dear Pavel.

regards,

Carlos

Last edited:
This one you have copied too?.... was from Epupa?

nice one... have you made it by yourself?

This is not a selfish project for sure...was published for us to assemble for sure.

have the thread adress?

I see you know how to produce pictures too..very skilled man..knows a lot of things.

Epupa has one very pretty..do not know if plays music..but looks great...he used a lot of resistances in parallel to result in emitter resistance...very clever that...have not used one...prefered to use dozen.... super clever...i am learning a lot from you and the folks are around you.

You boss do not stay in the shop controlling our job..good to be free... and use the freedom wrong way..be carefull, he can return and you have not finished your work.... i hope you already have janitor..i will not accept you cleaning the shop ... you know..we have some age to do that.

regards,

Carlos

Last edited:
Hi Pavel , before being submerged from requests of PCB and kits that you stated won't be made, can I ask you for completeness the values that are not written of some resistors in the differential stage? And the type of mosfets in the VAS stage.Eventually the supply rails voltage.

Ther first impression I get is that it is completely over engineered.
You can get a good sound without using that many components.

A good class AB basic amplifier will sound just as good.

A lot of components just makes debugging and much that more difficult.

Strange

Well ,I just woke up , put the computer in the ON mode and jumped to my favourite place ;)
Being totally noob in electronics (among other things..) I just asked Pavel if the schematic was to be perfectioned or not . :Pawprint:
I'm able to burn a 3 transistor Power Follower in 5 seconds ...maybe the harder the better was the solution .

Nigel, which transistors would you remove in order to preserve or increase the overall performance of this circuit? Sure, you could say there are some features you don't need, but I think you would definitely have to do without something.

What I am saying is you can get acceptable results with just the sections I mentioned earlier.

I dont doubt your design might be a little better but is it better enough to make it worthwhile adding all those extra components ? Personally I would say no but I am sure there are many on here who would disagree.

Just adding my 2p worth. Take everyones opinion and decide from there rather than taking just my opinion.

Status
This old topic is closed. If you want to reopen this topic, contact a moderator using the "Report Post" button.