Spreadsheet for Folded Horn Layouts...

Brian this would be on any of the tapped horn boxplans when I important it into hornresp I have change the throat chamber size down to zero to get accurate results. Where does it pull those sizes from and should they be at zero?
I'm not sure what you're doing, but I'm not getting the same results when I checked my BOXPLAN sheets. Are you using the "Export!" feature in the BOXPLAN sheet to export the corresponding Hornresp sim from the BOXPLAN sheet, and then using Hornresp's "Import" feature to import the sim?

Also another question specifically pertaining to the othorn boxplans so even tho it only shows that you can change s1 you can change s2,s3 etc. however when u go this it will not change in the picture of the box layout. Is there anyway to make s2 and s3 able to insert sizes and show in the picture?
That's because there's only one optimal solution for S1 and a box of given external dimensions. If you try to change S2 and S3 and then use the Optimize feature, BOXPLAN will change them back to the values for the optimal solution.

If you want to change S2, S3, etc, then the way to do it is to change the box dimensions, or change S1, then select Optimize.

After I import the boxplan into hornresp it then adds dimensions to vtc and atc. I then zero those out in hornresp to get accurate results. This was a problem I had awhile ago and was I thought u told me that was the solution because hornresp tries to account for the cone volume or something like that. It has been a long time since this issue first happened. It does it on every single box plan.

After I import the boxplan into hornresp it then adds dimensions to vtc and atc. I then zero those out in hornresp to get accurate results.
That's different to the issue you previously mentioned. Some of the BOXPLAN workbooks include "cone compensation" techniques that result in values set for Vtc and Atc. If you zero those out after importing the sims into Hornresp, the results will be LESS accurate.

1719414783951.png

1719414725238.png

1719414817777.png

this is what I am getting when importing inito horn resp with the vtc and atc i can not get anything close to a result so i normally zero it. Wouldnt this build be considered as havbing no throat chamber? Or would the area bewteen the driver and entry be considered the throat chamber, in this case a 3/4 board?

Reactions: 1 user
The sim created by the BOXPLAN workbook tries to include the impact of volume of air in front of the cone by using Vtc and Atc to approximate the effect with a small throat chamber. The results it predicts will be more accurate if this is included. However, you need to ensure that the value for "Cone Volume" in the BOXPLAN workbook (on the "Driver" sheet) is correct. A value of 884 L is definitely incorrect - that's 31 cu.ft.!

Reactions: 1 user