Stereolith Loudspeakers Question

Time for some measurements. Stereolith, right midwoofer (plus port) only, 2m mic distance, 0°-360°

Just 5 dB difference between 0° and 360° at 3 kHz is much less than I would expect for a "midwoofer" under nearfield conditions.

OMFG!

Markus is doing 0°-360° measurements!!! That is so avantgarde, so cool!!!

and there is more!!!

0° looks different from 360° :bigeyes: :bigeyes: :bigeyes: :faint:

this Stereolith thing breaks not only the laws of physics but also the laws of logic!! WOW WOW WOW!

:rofl: :rofl: :rofl:

Last edited:
Markus,

It is useless to measure the reverberant freq response, unless you want to estimate the power response of course.

Why the mid driver is not beaming at 10kHz, if you say there is no reflections?

- Elias

As I said before, the impulse is gated 3,21 ms. There's no object around the speaker or the mic that could create any earlier reflection. So what we see is reflection free within 3,21ms unless I'm missing something.
The mic to speaker distance is 2m which is in the driver's far field.

As I said before, the impulse is gated 3,21 ms. There's no object around the speaker or the mic that could create any earlier reflection. So what we see is reflection free within 3,21ms unless I'm missing something.
The mic to speaker distance is 2m which is in the driver's far field.

Yes I understand, but it does not make sense by looking at the measurements.

Can you make sure there is no sound coming from the other mid driver and tweeter while inputting the signal to only one mid driver? Maybe all of them are internally connected via the cross over.

If you could, can you place the mic 1 cm from the other mid driver and the tweeter while inputting the signal to the other mid driver terminals?

- Elias

While doing this nearfield measurement, are you having both of the mid drivers connected to the amplifier?

It can make the difference if the drivers are internally connected and if they see common groung or not !

Also is your amplifier having common ground or two separate balanced outputs?

- Elias

Good point Rudolf, there is something, because from what I know, in a common enclosure, the unconnected driver cuts abruptly after +/- 1000 Hz. Can be seen here
I suppose it's around 1mh + 3.3 R serie.
Looks like I'm not the only one to play with X-filters.

Only one solution now for markus : the screwdriver. Please markus.....

Last edited:
A signal at the right woofer terminal is fed over a 6 dB/oct lowpass @ 100 Hz to the left woofer too. Is that what you are trying to show?

I think the drivers operate on the same volume. There's only one reflex port...

BTW: In the picture of your measuring layout - is 0° along the tweeter axis (plane) or along the woofer axis?

0° is along the tweeter axis like in the picture.

I heard a stereolithe several times, the deep effect is not regular and components are of mediocre quality.
This loudspeaker is not hi-fi of the whole and costs a lot
Too expensive. And his capacity to reproduce the bass is very
Limited. In my opinion, it is not a good purchase.

But when the magic operates, this loudspeaker is spectacular....

Last edited:
I heard a stereolithe several times, the deep effect is not regular and components are of mediocre quality.
This loudspeaker is not hi-fi of the whole and costs a lot
Too expensive. And his capacity to reproduce the bass is very
Limited. In my opinion, it is not a good purchase.

But when the magic operates, this loudspeaker is spectacular....

The tweeter looks like an Audax - not a bad choice. Who supplies the other parts?