TABAQ TL for Tangband

Here's the JPG again.

Thanks I modified the all plan with 16mm plywood....so enjoy your build and then enjoy the music also, you will maybe find practical add and additional panel in the bottom as a stand, bigger than the TL size just for add stability, that is the reason why I used 24mm plywood that is much heavier for the port...all the best

Attachments

• tabaq large 16mm.pdf
    390 KB · Views: 182
Hi guys,

I tried to translate the dimension of the TABAQ large with the W5-2143 to a bookshelf with a max height of ~39 cm...

No idea if I'm on the right track or if I messed up everything. Care to comment?

Thanks!

Attachments

• IMG_20200223_171525_compress20.jpg
    IMG_20200223_171525_compress20.jpg
    733.9 KB · Views: 395
I think the front and back should be 36.1 cm instead of 38.5 cm as well.

Profile picture of enclosure has front and back panels mounted internally and marked as 38.5 cm. but 38.5 cm is the total height of the enclosure while 36.1 is the internal height.
The dimensions from front to back add up fine for me.

I think the front and back should be 36.1 cm instead of 38.5 cm as well.

Profile picture of enclosure has front and back panels mounted internally and marked as 38.5 cm. but 38.5 cm is the total height of the enclosure while 36.1 is the internal height.
The dimensions from front to back add up fine for me.

Indeed, another trivial mistake from my side. Please excuse me, that is my first try with this :p

Hi Cyruz, if you want to get right you must contact Bjorn, he is the only one can tell you the correct project, I think so far nobody attempt to do a folded version on the Large Tabaq while the folded version of the original Tabaq is here #1577 ....all the best

Thanks for the hint. I don't wanna disturb him though, hopefully he will catch up with the thread :)

Hi! I need some advice! I just got dealer access to fullrange driver's from Monacor and want to build the tabaq.3"/ 4" or 5" version.

Have anyone tested them in Tabaq design? Or simulated any of them?
Not many were used in TABAQ yet and none were simulated as far as I can see. A little help from the "Search this Thread" tool:
SPH-60X in the TABAQ LARGE, see post #931
SPX-30M – see post #1922 and #2093
Also see #2444

I looked at a few models on their website.

There are some candidates, but then, I look at the the FR graph and it is not pretty.
Some of them with 15dB cone breakup at 10kHz... ouch!

And at prices from 70 euros and up, I think there are better drivers, like the ones that some have been playing with lately, the FaitalPro... made in Europe so they should be easily available, right?

FWIW, I have been making a folded version of the TABAQ specially sized for the 3FE22/3FE25 from FaitalPro, and I reckon there's no better driver available in Europe as far as price/performance ratio. I can get the 3FE25 for £21/pair in the UK, I can't get even one of the Monacors for that. and as perceval says, the FR graphs on the Monacors are not that great...

FWIW, I have been making a folded version of the TABAQ specially sized for the 3FE22/3FE25 from FaitalPro, and I reckon there's no better driver available in Europe as far as price/performance ratio. I can get the 3FE25 for £21/pair in the UK, I can't get even one of the Monacors for that. and as perceval says, the FR graphs on the Monacors are not that great...

Did you redesign the enclosure?
If so please post the dimensions.

Thanks I modified the all plan with 16mm plywood....so enjoy your build and then enjoy the music also, you will maybe find practical add and additional panel in the bottom as a stand, bigger than the TL size just for add stability, that is the reason why I used 24mm plywood that is much heavier for the port...all the best

Just an update for my build. It is definitely harder than I thought cutting boards out with my handheld saw. Thinking gliding it through a straight edge would gives me an straight cut but ended up with all not-so-straight edges. I highly recommend not to attempt cutting your own boards if you don't have access to a table saw. Go to a local CNC or buy flat pak from another members would save you lot of time and money.

Meanwhile, I was able put my TB W5-2143 in my Polk audio RTi4 enclosure which surprisingly fit perfectly.

The bass was not as pronounced as the original Polk audio woofers, maybe due to high Qts.

The mids are sweet. The highs are about the same since tweeters are still being used. The sound field opens up after 50 hours of burn in.

The TB has some traits and characteristics of the LS50. Vocals are accurate. Instruments separation is average. The sound imaging is still not quite there with LS50, I assume it will improve after I finish building my TABAQ with just single point source without any tweeter.

Just an update for my build. It is definitely harder than I thought cutting boards out with my handheld saw. Thinking gliding it through a straight edge would gives me an straight cut but ended up with all not-so-straight edges. I highly recommend not to attempt cutting your own boards if you don't have access to a table saw. Go to a local CNC or buy flat pak from another members would save you lot of time and money.

Meanwhile, I was able put my TB W5-2143 in my Polk audio RTi4 enclosure which surprisingly fit perfectly.

The bass was not as pronounced as the original Polk audio woofers, maybe due to high Qts.

The mids are sweet. The highs are about the same since tweeters are still being used. The sound field opens up after 50 hours of burn in.

The TB has some traits and characteristics of the LS50. Vocals are accurate. Instruments separation is average. The sound imaging is still not quite there with LS50, I assume it will improve after I finish building my TABAQ with just single point source without any tweeter.

Of course you cannot just use the handheld saw without help, if you just take an aluminium square bar and use it as a guide your cut will be smooth and straight :) . For sure you cannot appreciate the detailed sound of the TB inside a small bookshelf box connected to a crossover, when you will listen again in the Tabaq you'll be surprised how different is the performance of the TB.....all the best