TABAQ TL for Tangband

cross sectional area.

So, the original TABAQ being 10 X 12.8 cm (internal dimensions) has a CSA of 128 cm2.
For two drivers, you'll need to double the CSA, so 256 cm2. Same thing goes for the vent.

But you need to keep the length of the line the same.

I have posted my .hornresp file in the previous post. As you said it has 256 cm2 CSA and 32cm2 CSA vent at 7 cm lenght.

Quarantine days here in Norway, I have 2weeks to use on whatever I want!
So I've decided to build two tabaqs one with the W4-1320, 30mm oak sides and birch laminated MDF frontbaffle.

The second build is with the 3" spx-32m in plywood.
But can someone help me with simulations for this driver? I also need to find out how much stuffing to use.

Good things to do while stuck at home! :)

For the Monacor, if I trust HornResp, I would widen and shorten the vent to make it a bit more flatter in the low end.

You will lose some Hertz down low, but it should be better balanced.

Going to 24 cm2 and 7cm long will adjust the low end better, as you can see in the pictures.

As for stuffing, I'd stay the same.

Attachments

• Screen Shot 2020-03-16 at 1.25.34 PM.png
    Screen Shot 2020-03-16 at 1.25.34 PM.png
    24 KB · Views: 387
  • Screen Shot 2020-03-16 at 1.24.58 PM.png
    Screen Shot 2020-03-16 at 1.24.58 PM.png
    25.7 KB · Views: 368
Good things to do while stuck at home! :)

For the Monacor, if I trust HornResp, I would widen and shorten the vent to make it a bit more flatter in the low end.

You will lose some Hertz down low, but it should be better balanced.

Going to 24 cm2 and 7cm long will adjust the low end better, as you can see in the pictures.

As for stuffing, I'd stay the same.
Thanks! I just tested the monacor spx-32m in the TL (updated version) and it sounds very good, I wish I could analyze it with a mic and see some numbers.

Is it possible to use a videomic? I have a Røde microphone.

The first Tabaq build attempt dramatically showed up the limits of my "El Noobo" woodworking skills. I'm about to start again but the nowadays the only MDF sheets available thickness are 14mm. & 18mm.'s.

I came up with the idea of building the whole cabinet with 14mm. MDF but the front baffle with 18mm. MDF

Keeping the inner size and volume the same as project spec's, does the front baffle different thickness somehow affect the project ?

You're quite fast!
I'm in quarantine for two weeks! Both speakers are done now.. the first testing I did was on a Rotel RA-11 amp that sounded ok but not quite as good as I wanted..

Moved them to a smaller room and with the TPA3116D2 amp they really came alive, I was really blown away by the dynamics and detail.. and I did not expect this much bass from a small driver..

I got these two drivers for 35$ for the pair so just had to try them.. now I can't wait to listen to the w4-1320 in my next build..

Do you have a suggestion for a low cost tabaq driver?
I have access to Monacor dealership prices but looks like people don't believe in those drivers because of the high FS.

The spx32-m did really suprise me! It I'm no expert.. IMG_20200319_144321.jpg

Still quite fast! did the glue have time to dry! :)

The spx32-m seems like the best from Monacor... I remember looking at other drivers from them, and most had ragged FR curves.

If you can order from places like Aliexpress, here are the two drivers I have used that sounded pretty good, after adding a small notch around 5 or 8kHz.

The best one is the beige paper cone. Amazing bass in the TABAQ, yet refined enough up in the higher frequencies.

The black cone and red whizzer was cheaper, but also a good performer, not as clean as the beige, but still good enough to amaze a friend who begged me to give them to him.
He put them in his restaurant that plays classic rock all day long.

Attachments

• Screen Shot 2020-03-20 at 10.27.34 PM.png
    Screen Shot 2020-03-20 at 10.27.34 PM.png
    458.5 KB · Views: 287
  • Screen Shot 2020-03-20 at 10.26.05 PM.png
    Screen Shot 2020-03-20 at 10.26.05 PM.png
    443 KB · Views: 283