TABAQ TL for Tangband

What happens if you make TABAQ shorter

Hi

I have done some sims to see if it is possible to increase the mid bass by adjusting the design.

The answer is Yes, you can - but you loose the low bass.

However, this might be an idea if you are looking for a speaker with more punch - suitable for your taste of music.

Please take a look at the dokument attached. It is based on a 4 inch driver.

Bjørn

Attachments

• TABAQ Shorter version 4 inch.pdf
    106.9 KB · Views: 319
The building have started. :)
I was surprised how tiny these are. They look larger in pictures. Looking forward to hear them sing.

Attachments

• DSC_1507.jpg
    DSC_1507.jpg
    687.6 KB · Views: 619
Last edited:
Cross sectional area and length sounds an awful lot like volume :scratch2:
The volume remains the same only because the cross sectional area and the length must be constrained. If you fail to hold those variables constant, the tuning changes. By maintaining the volume while shortening and widening the port, the tuning frequency increases. Conversely, if the volume remains constant while the length increases and port narrows, the tuning is lowered. To maintain proper tuning, the shape can be manipulated, provided the cross sectional area and length are unaltered.

sent from my mobile look-at device

Perceval. I am looking forward to seeing your new build! Hurry up with the glue!! Ha Ha!!!

Mac :)

Sorry... not much to look at. I'm using blue foam boards to make a few tryouts. So far, I have a 0.37x Karlsonator, and a folded TABAQ. Will have a head-to-head test tomorrow!

There always seems to be some leak when I use hot glue on the foam. I think the glue is melting parts of the foam, unlike the gatorboards (foamcore) which is laminated with paper on the outside, protecting the foam from the hot glue. So, I have to tape all joints.

Not pretty, but it works.

I built my TABAQs with a removable baffle-part to swap drivers. I have a few sets of these drivers too. I will be out of town for a week or so, but I can try these in the TABAQ when I get home next weekend. I can't promise I'll get to it right away, but when I do, I'll let you know my impressions.
Mike

Cool, looking forward to hearing your impression. I'm curious how they'll compare to other full range units, especially in terms of dispersion.

Cool, looking forward to hearing your impression. I'm curious how they'll compare to other full range units, especially in terms of dispersion.

Yeah, would be a very interesting comparison !

By the way, I found a wholesaler giving away 16.7mm thick MDF for lesser price than 12mm and 15mm :D
Gonna use it instead !

The only issue is that we have a hole saw to make the hole for the driver and the hole saw dia is 2.5" and 3". 2.5" is smaller for the Speaker driver while 3" is larger.
Let me see !

Sand paper will take a lot of time I installed my speaker binding posts today using a router. On speaker no 2. I used the wrong bit for the recess and didn't notice before I finished the hole. It took me 30 min with sanding paper to enlarge rhe hole.

Attachments

• DSC_1529.jpg
    DSC_1529.jpg
    697.6 KB · Views: 569
Sand paper will take a lot of time I installed my speaker binding posts today using a router. On speaker no 2. I used the wrong bit for the recess and didn't notice before I finished the hole. It took me 30 min with sanding paper to enlarge rhe hole.

I included "carefully" as if using a power tool with high grit paper, the MDF might melt away quickly if the job is done too enthusiastically.

J.