The making of: The Two Towers (a 25 driver Full Range line array)

Just checked too.
The price here is now $16.09 @2016 units and they have even labled it as a subwoofer!!!

So no reason to start a group buy. It seemed to be too good to be true anyway, even though they confirmed the low price , when I contacted them by phone a couple of weeks ago :confused::rolleyes:

The TC9s are $9.59 if you buy 50, or $9.06 if you buy 100, at Parts-Express right now.

Money is tight right now, too bad as my 3yr old poked holes in 14 of my Vifa's... :(

Woahh... something I feared as I've had a lot of kids over the floor here. I was lucky my own kid was a bit older...

Maybe something like this:
attachment.php

Tune it to sing along :D

Attachments

• 970x510_pantheon_rev1[1].jpg
    970x510_pantheon_rev1[1].jpg
    309.6 KB · Views: 365
To date all drivers have been highly visible (hazard #1) and it is not the first time he have had at them.. for about a year most of the reachable drivers have had their dust cap pushed in - to no audible impact. Now with a bunch of holes the drivers dont work well and rattle a lot with LF-content. The SPL of the damaged array is also slightly less now...
Maybe there is a future v2 build with 2x25 drivers...

I'll probably be a bit distracted this week... fluid told me the new one is out...
attachment.php

Looking forward to listening to that one! Preview: Return to the Sauce

Just a quick note... I'm rather disappointed in this album. In my opinion this one does not "work" as well as the previous one. Not the same level of depths and staging, but its pretty loud! Even after letting JRiver analyse the song to play at my average level it's playing louder than it should.
I'll give it a couple more spins though...

So if I had to make a recommendation right now, I'd say get Converting Vegetarians II instead.

I'm waiting for the new Ayreon to arrive, next month. :)

I'm waiting for the new Ayreon to arrive, next month. :)

I listened to all of the albums after you showed me Amazing Flight, but it turned out that I liked that one song the best and very few of the other's. I don't think I appreciate the "Rock Opera" part of it. Into the Black Hole with Bruce Dickinson was good but that might be because I grew up on Iron Maiden!

The newer Infected Mushroom has a more mainstream Dance/Trance sound to it and actually has a few riffs which is why I liked it. As you really liked the imaging aspects I can see why you would be more disappointed. Converting Vegetarians is much more 'esoteric electronica' to me.

So you can get back to making those subs now ;)

Money is tight right now, too bad as my 3yr old poked holes in 14 of my Vifa's... :(

About 20 years ago my then two years old son obviously was eager to explore what's behind that black fabric where the music comes out. He cut a hole into it by means of a pair of scissors and destroyed the Focal T-120 inverse calotte tweeter. The dealer that had sold me the kit some years before told me that this speaker has been discontinued since, but he luckily offered me a reconed one at a resonable price.

Maybe you can repair your Vifas, using wood glue and pieces of diaphragm paper from an old speaker?

Best regards!

I listened to all of the albums after you showed me Amazing Flight, but it turned out that I liked that one song the best and very few of the other's. I don't think I appreciate the "Rock Opera" part of it. Into the Black Hole with Bruce Dickinson was good but that might be because I grew up on Iron Maiden!

The newer Infected Mushroom has a more mainstream Dance/Trance sound to it and actually has a few riffs which is why I liked it. As you really liked the imaging aspects I can see why you would be more disappointed. Converting Vegetarians is much more 'esoteric electronica' to me.

So you can get back to making those subs now ;)

I own 2 Ayreon CD's, one is Into the Electric Castle, love that one. For various reasons. The second one is 010011001. That was a let down for me. Or more of the same theme... :eek:
However the "solo" albums from Arjen Lucassen I enjoyed very much, both Lost In The New Real and The Gentle Storm.

I know Arjen from his days he was the guitar player in the Dutch Rock band Vengeance. Childhood memories there... I've even saw him on some Rock Concerts I went to in the late 80's as he's hard to miss being a pretty tall guy.

The reason to look forward to the new CD are: Govan Guthrie and Paul Gilbert. :)