The making of: The Two Towers (a 25 driver Full Range line array)

If mean instead of the TC9 then I don't think that is a good idea. .... When you said cross them over did you mean to a line of tweeters? The response looks like it needs it and a two way line array is a very different prospect.

What I've got in mind is something like a main array of TC9 and then the B4N side firing or angled front firing, but taking on the load from around 300Hz down.

More like the FAST idea of just helping out on the bottom end. It does mean larger towers though, and vented will probably give best low end extension. Possible to do passively, but I think I'd do it as a two way active setup, allowing phase correction and room optimised crossover finest performance...

What I've got in mind is something like a main array of TC9 and then the B4N side firing or angled front firing, but taking on the load from around 300Hz down.

More like the FAST idea of just helping out on the bottom end. It does mean larger towers though, and vented will probably give best low end extension. Possible to do passively, but I think I'd do it as a two way active setup, allowing phase correction and room optimised crossover finest performance...

How many do you plan on using? ~ 3 mm x-max, still need a lot of them compared to a bigger size woofer array.

Well, take 25 of them in a line, and efficiency and x-max seem relative. Or am I on the wrong path? I wouldn't want to use them in a R'n'R PA, though :)

x-max on the TC9 is 2.55 mm. Sure it has smaller Sd area, but whatever I'd choose has to top out the TC by at least 2x. More headroom :).

The Visaton:
54,1 x 25 x 2 = 2705 (volume displacement)

Compared to a single Scan Speak 30W type of driver (or a Peerless XXLS):
466 x 12.5 = 5825 (volume displacement)

An array of TC9's:
36 x 25 x 2.55 = 2295 (volume displacement)

See what I mean?

Watch out because other datasheets for NE123W-08 suggest Xmax is 3,1mm :scratch1:

Attachments

• 400.PNG
    400.PNG
    476.2 KB · Views: 209