The Well Tempered Master Clock - Building a low phase noise/jitter crystal oscillator

Status
Not open for further replies.
I don't think that this makes sense. It is too specialized, esp.
at the price.

Prices of used SAs have fallen deeply.
Or take a look at a Signal Hound, for example.

Or a Red Pitaya. Member w5jag (thread "No RF Gear Here?")
has one and uses it. He might tell his experiences.
It can work also as a signal generator, VNA or SDR.

Two Red Pitayas have all the hardware to make a Timpod-workalike.
It's just that someone must volunteer to write the firmware :)
It already runs Linux on its ARM. The SDR firmware can probably
be recycled for this purpose.

Disabled Account
Joined 2002
Hello Andrea,
So true i rather trust someone who prefers coffee and not tea.

We all should sit back and relax until Ian distributes 50? boards for FREE to the people who already own Andrea's solution. If it is better they will pay the 10 S production cost if not they will have to send it to a new reviewer.
After a few weeks everyone can decide themselves what to do.
Greetings, Eduard

Hi Eduard,

no problem, I also would get Ian's sine to square converter board to try it in my system.

We have designed the STS board fit Ian's FIFO devices and the FSDO board for those who need to distribute the clock or to switch between the two sample rate families clock.

Then, as I said several times, our goal is designing the whole audio system for ourselves to reach the best performance as possible (I have called it the Top version).

Well, for our top system we are designing a different sine to square converter, much more complex and expensive.
If it will work as we expected we will not use the STS, nor the FSDO and neither Ian's board.

Andrea

Would it be possible to get at some point an FSDO board but without the squaring circuit? To synchronize two devices out of the same sine clock signal....:)
Like a power splitter but dual input controlled by a switch

For this purpose you can use a splitter (Mini-Circuits).

Ok, if you need dual input you need a pair of splitter and the logic to enable one of them.
Maybe in the future, now we are busy with the FIFO and the DAC Lite.

Last edited:
Status
Not open for further replies.