• These commercial threads are for private transactions. diyAudio.com provides these forums for the convenience of our members, but makes no warranty nor assumes any responsibility. We do not vet any members, use of this facility is at your own risk. Customers can post any issues in those threads as long as it is done in a civil manner. All diyAudio rules about conduct apply and will be enforced.

The Well Tempered Master Clock - Group buy

10 MHz crystals update

I have just received the quotation from the manufacturer:
10.0MHz, SC3, HC43
C0: 2.5Pf nominal
C1: 0.15FF nominal
Calibration tolerance @85C: ±5ppm
Load capacitance: 16-18pF
Turnover temp: 75-95 °C
Q: > 1M
10pcs m.o.q.
delivery 3 weeks

It's a little more expesive than the 11.2896 MHz so the final price is EUR 50 each.

They don't stock any 5 MHz and 100 MHz Sc-Cut crystals, so the MOQ is at least 10 pcs.

It sounds to me that if me, Gerhard, and Abra all commit to 2each of the 10 Mhz SC cut crystal we only have to get 2 more people at 2ea or 4 more people at 1ea. That's doable. I remember the last group buy that numerous people committed to buying items as the deadline finally approached and concentrated their minds. We still have lots of time.

It sounds to me that if me, Gerhard, and Abra all commit to 2each of the 10 Mhz SC cut crystal we only have to get 2 more people at 2ea or 4 more people at 1ea. That's doable. I remember the last group buy that numerous people committed to buying items as the deadline finally approached and concentrated their minds. We still have lots of time.

As I said in a previous post I will get one.

Dear Andrea, there is one more TWRPS-pp alive, with two DRIXO and 4 DBM!

Could you tell me:
- the value of the power led resistor in the DRIXO
- if the power led's voltage forward is important or if I can use any available LED
- if there is something I can test with my DMM to be sure everything is OK (I don't have a scope)

I have a dead LED, but dunno if it's from the manufacturer or my fault.
I have set the PSU at 16.7v, and my meter reads the same value at the power LED pads.

Wow, it's plug and play, like in my wildest dreams!

And because without a pic it did not happen, this is what the DRIXO is replacing. You guys can guess how shocked I am, such a difference!

And yes, the DIL pins of the squarer need a strain relief.
It's nearly impossible to keep them plugged with the RG 400 cable attached.
In this enclosure, I have an unused XLR hole. I'd like to route the two RG 400 in this hole, and attach them with the cable's right angle end. I'll have to find a way not to destroy the squarers.

Last edited: