The XSD Speaker

350Hz is the correct frequency based on the depth of the woofer driver chamber.
Thanks.

I think you covered that earlier on here, but I read so many different threads and have many projects going.
I found that even on the original version a lower XO point was better with my active or passive crossovers.
there was considerable 300-400hz bloom that was helped by rolling off lower

today's project is a set of Marage OM7's with all ten drivers blown

Founder of XSA-Labs
Joined 2012
Paid Member
Thanks. Sorry I had forgotten that you made the 6.5in version, also with LE5.

Which one has better bass would you say?

There is an active crossover maker called Xkitz. (Starts with X but no relation :))

https://www.xkitz.com/

I bought a few to try but have not had a chance to test yet. Looks well made with quality components. Looks like a small shop start up by expert electrical engineers at LLNL in Livermore.

Which one has better bass would you say?
I would have to set up an A B listening session to tell
seems to sound the same and measure the same
I think the port dimensions dominate and control many of the characteristics
and adding 1.5 in of depth /height doesn't change much
my opinion is six 8's are a viable option

That xkits looks neat!

I would like to get the NP xover kit from the store here, its on my too do list
( what he used in the original article)

no sorry's no worries, you deal with far more people than I ever will.
Thanks

I just went to dry fit the GRS woofer and mark the screw holes, 5.5 inches is too small for the underside of the flange for the woofers that are not mounted inverted. Fortunately I have a spindle sander to open it up and though it will not be as accurate as the original hole no one will see it.
Bill

Attachments

• image.jpg
    image.jpg
    664.6 KB · Views: 80
  • image.jpg
    image.jpg
    568.7 KB · Views: 84
  • image.jpg
    image.jpg
    513.2 KB · Views: 82
Reactions: 1 users
Joined 2020
Paid Member
I am hoping to complete mine in a few months. I have the base plates, baffle, and woofer housing assembled. Strips to mount side panels are attached to the back of the baffle, and the side panels are cut but need a little sanding before I can get to painting and final assembly. I can only do major woodworking like that in the summer and it's just now getting warm enough here for me to be willing to go out in the garage and do that. However I need to clean my pit of a garage first.

Reactions: 1 users