Topping PA5 (TPA325X) : Is a modification worth it? ?

Oh forgot the Icepower TPA3251 based 100AS2 module. Had that in late 2016 before most people even heard of the chip. And the Icepower Iceegde based 300A2. Had 4 of them a year before publicly unveiled.
Speaking of which...
1639768989396.png

One of the earliest 100AS2 ever, PCB rev. 6144589C pre-production sample, identified by the 33079 quad vs. two 33078 duals for later revisions (to allow for AS1/AS2 simple BOM variants). That must have been 2015 IRRC.

Same for various other pre-production modules from ICEpower and others.

Your're not the only engineer early bird on the planet ;-)

TNT

Joined 2003
Paid Member
I could not get them to tell me the current draw of the low power section so I ditched that project. They just didn't seem to know - B&O pointed to Profusion... Rellay strange. But they seem interesting I think. Now they seem to specify it when looking at it...

//

I could not get them to tell me the current draw of the low power section so I ditched that project. They just didn't seem to know - B&O pointed to Profusion... Rellay strange. But they seem interesting I think. Now they seem to specify it when looking at it...

//
Ice bricks was a Norwegian company who was later bought out by Icepower. So probably few people there who know all the technical details.

Rising THD+N with a wide bandwidth out of the range of human hearing gives a flawed result when measuring class D amps. Because the harmonics that cause the rise in distortion are out of the band of human hearing.

I’m not saying it’s total crap, but certainly not the 2nd best amp in the world. Like I said earlier, slightly better than the $35 Icepower 100AS2 amp based on the same class D chip.
https://www.soundimports.eu/en/icep...MI59zi9s_w9AIVeY9oCR0SIAN4EAAYASAAEgKzavD_BwE
140E