Topping PA5 (TPA325X) : Is a modification worth it? ?

That TAS5825M is pretty cool. They need an IC with just the digital section of that chip and i2s outputs. I have a couple of the TAS3251 digital input EVM boards:

https://www.ti.com/lit/ug/slau757b/...07828&ref_url=https%3A%2F%2Fwww.google.com%2F
And they sound pretty good. You can program a crossover into it with driver excursion limitations and everything. And you can clock sync a pair of them together To make 4 channels. I should sell them though. Only collecting dust now.

Wow...cool...

The best I've heard is actually the ZOUDIO 4-channel amp (old version) here on diyaudio. usb -> i2s -> TAS5825M digital input amp w dsp crossover -> speaker drivers. No DAC, no passive crossover. Very transparent.
To noisy for me if you want to software control the volume and have the amp at full volume.
And not much power in it.
I sent it back.

The only subjective review I’d give an ounce of credibility to is one of a complete system. Right from source to speaker. And this system would need to have the ability to adjust to room acoustics, as well as listener preference. Because a single component, connected to a chain of mixed components, in an unknown room environment, can result in infinite outcomes. Even if it’s the same ears listening to it. Let alone some random dude from the internet’s ears.

The only subjective review I’d give an ounce of credibility to is one of a complete system. Right from source to speaker. And this system would need to have the ability to adjust to room acoustics, as well as listener preference. Because a single component, connected to a chain of mixed components, in an unknown room environment, can result in infinite outcomes. Even if it’s the same ears listening to it. Let alone some random dude from the internet’s ears.

Would you buy an Amplifier from a simple ASR review ?

It does not make you want to buy it, moreover it is tested on bookshelf and compared with Aiyima, not reassuring.

Daniboun can you tell us compared to the ton of amp you have, Purifi, Hypex and others.
Normal ... for comparison, it's two amplifiers on the same chip.
In any case, it's stupid of Topping to have erased the marking of their chip .... Locked the op amp in resin ...
Great for repairs!
The quality shows itself ...
Why hide all this?

Normal ... for comparison, it's two amplifiers on the same chip.
In any case, it's stupid of Topping to have erased the marking of their chip .... Locked the op amp in resin ...
Great for repairs!
The quality shows itself ...
Why hide all this?
Yes I agree that they are from the same family, but here we are in the DIY section, we are talking about an amp to modify, but first we want to know its potential vis-à-vis the equivalents in terms of price and quality.

Is there any more room up on your cloud for anyone else?
Well I was in the first group in the world to get my hands on the:

Hypex NC400 module
Hypex NC500 module
Icepower 1200AS module
Purifi 1ET400A module

And I was the first person on the internet to share feedback about the lower 3.

Amir finally caught on to the NC400 8 years after I had my amp built. So just going off of these facts.

Last edited: