True Wireless Stereo (TWS) Bluetooth for Speakers

I’ve been watching this thread with great interest, as I’ve also ordered one of these inexpensive DSP amps from AliExpress, as well as the Bluetooth DSP module, too.

I haven’t been able to toy around with the software, simply because my entire world is Mac/Apple, so I’m looking for a cheap PC in order to run the ACPWorkbench software provided by the seller. Until I find a cheap PC, I’ve only been able to play with the built-in EQ settings.

IMG_2482.jpeg

Also, several of you have asked for a download link to the software. I’m happy to share what the seller sent me; here’s a Dropbox link. (Not sure exactly what version this is, but hopefully it’ll help someone regardless!)

https://www.dropbox.com/s/s7l4acuil1th4fk/DSP 4.1.zip?dl=0

• Thank You
Reactions: 1 user
I also have been an apple user for quite some time and what I did at first was to buy a lattepanda single board computer and used it as hardware based virtual machine, meaning that I never connect it to a screen or mouse or keyboard. I run a vnc and control it from my Mac that has a better screen than a laptop in the lattepanda price range.
It’s always on and connected to my network so I can run simulations from my phone wherever I am in the world.

https://www.lattepanda.com/

But now I have a win laptop from work, and the kid got a gaming setup. It’s all falling apart..

Joined 2022
Paid Member
Not sure what cheap means here, there was a thread recently (maybe not here) that discussed the refurbished ~$80-100 windows micro/mini/thin-client like computers coming up in NewEgg, Ebay, Amazon, etc. have hit the point where the CPU-generation tax is becoming close to inconsequential. Put another way, those computers have essentially the same performance as the new ones in the same class/price range over most respects (so not covering specific optimizations and use cases like AI).

Dear DIYAudio, just found this thread, and my apologies if it´s already been discussed.
I have bought the Nvarcher 2.1 DSP Bluetooth amp (same as pictured in earlier post, but newer version) from AliExpress to use in a homemade speaker enclosure.
As I have used Arylic 2.1 amp before, I used the Nvarcher with APCWorkbench to program the DSP EQ. No problem soldering up a USB C connector on the amp, and the software immediately found it . On the Nvarcher one can only controll the L-R eq as one pluss subwoofer, on the Arylic there are spearate eq´s for each of the three channels.
I´ve managed to tune the DSP to the sound I wanted, but there´s no way the Nvarcher ( MV Silicon BP1048B2 chip) will save the file sent from the software. I´ve switched back to an Arylic amp, and no problem there.
Also the bluetooth has stopped working on the Nvarcher, and when turned off and on, my eq settings are gone (but saved as a profile in the PC of course).
Anyone else experienced this?
Thank you for any input, as the seller on Ali is silent.

I've played around a little measuring one of the 'preamp boards', and the best I can achieve with multitone is abt 70dB S/N when optimizing gains a bit. I have some spikes that I can't explain, since they are not mains hum related. They seem to disappear when I turn off the multitone. ARTA and REW give similar results.
This is USB in and analog out. I doubt BT would be better.

1688294081897.png

Reactions: 1 users
Hello dear friend, I asked the seller of this DSP Bluetooth board and he said not possible to to bi amping high and low for a speaker. Is that true? Because my idea was to built two 2ch speaker and put a stereo amp inside with DSP crossover... but if not i will buy cheap tws headphones and do some filter befor the amping... like DIY Perks.

Thanks for the suggestion, unfortunately that was the first thing I tried :)

I got inspired to try the same thing with my second board and second breakout board but still no luck. Also tried three different USB ports and two different cables. I asked the Aliexpress store and they just sent me the picture with a USB-C breakout board soldered on similar to mine :rolleyes:
I played around some more with my two amp boards and it seems they're completely dead. No LEDs turn on, no output, no BT devices. Supplying them with a 19V laptop brick. I find it strange to have both of them dead. The seller of course says they tested them both before sending :)

Too bad, it seems the closest alternatives are TinySine boards like the TSA7804B which are also triple in size and cost

I sent a mail to Tinysine and and asked if they would ever produce a “party mode” mono amp with dsp. This would be awesome for a battery powered 2.1 using for example Faital pro 3 and 4” full range with a sub. Or even expand and add more speakers for a fun outdoor party.

These “party mode” receiving board would always get left and right signal and it’s easy to make a few signal path in sigmastudio that can be toggled between using a button. For example
1 left signal to a full range driver
2 right signal to a full range driver
3 summed mono to a full range driver
4 summed mono to sub.

Tinysine won’t make this specific board as a product but I got this answer.
“You can just replace the TSA7550B Bluetooth module with this TSA6179 module (Party mode firmware).
And the board will becomes the one that you need.”

Hello dear friend, I asked the seller of this DSP Bluetooth board and he said not possible to to bi amping high and low for a speaker. Is that true? Because my idea was to built two 2ch speaker and put a stereo amp inside with DSP crossover... but if not i will buy cheap tws headphones and do some filter befor the amping... like DIY Perks.
The "BLenhance 2.1" Nvarcher board has only three channels.
What you are asking for is a four channel DSP board so you would need something else.

Just noticed that the blue led that used to be flashing after powering up the BLenhance board now has a steady light, and I don't seem to be able to connect via bluetooth anymore.

The device is recognized and seems functional in the ACPworkbench though.
I played around a bit with ACP, and after saving some settings the light is flashing rapidly instead (2 times per second), the "BT connecting" used to be a slower flashing :)

Any clues? I may have accidentally shorted the audio outputs, while the device was not playing any music... I did not expect this to cause damage.

From the top of my memory, you might have the usb connected and maybe the board is in usb-audio.
Or there is a connected Bluetooth source.
If you turn of Bluetooth on the source, and power the board by another way than connecting it to the computer is it still acting that way?

Yeah, it currently does the rapid flashing without any usb cable connected.
I suspect that it signals some kind of invalid configuration or internal error.
My setup included LP and HP filters, which I hope are supported by MVsilicon.

I'm going to try to restore the original config in ACP and see if it goes back to the steady light.
You are right that the steady light could mean that it is actually connected, but my intended source has BT disabled so in that case there must be a rogue device somewhere :D

I had a similar situation today, but after a lot of pushing the 'stop' button and disconnecting power to reset, it suddenly came back to BT-mode and everything worked. Would be nice with some kind of manual..

I'm converting a pair of old Dali 5005's to BT speakers as a birthday gift for my nephew, and after some quick and dirty on and off-axis measurements and sims in VC, I'm getting close to calling them done. Installed the DSP/amp board and a laptop brick as PS in one of the speakers. Using the rear panel connector as output to the other speaker. They still have the passive XO's installed, so DSP is only used to correct the FR.

Thanks, yeah it seems I was able to fix the problem by going into another room (!) in my house and doing that STOP+ground connection plus disconnecting power afterwards.
The rapid blinking went away and I was able to toggle between no light and the slowly flashing BT mode.

So, there is some rogue device nearby that instantly grabs the BT device. Interesting stuff ;)

My project is a portable stainless steel subwoofer that has satellite speakers stored inside of it for transporting purposes. Pretty much like those beer can sized JBLs, but way bigger and more than 5kg in weight.