Aiyima TPA3251 Modification Build Thread!

You can make your self LLC PSU with a great AC filter, it is better than cheap brick PSU :

https://ibb.co/VYLWMvW
https://ibb.co/KGjP2Yj

Hi Danny.

Can you show us what you have inside the box with links to the components ?

Had to cancel my orders for LLC power Supplies from the supplier in China as after 6 weeks they had not been shipped and no communication !! New orders placed with a different supplier !!

James

Hi amigos,

Just got my new TPA3255 by HanZao.
This module is pretty unknown so I wanted to test it )

Out of the Box the module comes with the below components :

- 8000uf Rubycon YXF serie Low ESR / 50V
- Buffer caps, Rubycon YXF serie as well
- FIlm caps (MKP) Wurth
- SE Input (using Micro JST connector 2.0)
- DIP 8 OP Amps 5532 (updated with OPA1656)

Need to make a listening test before comparing vs others...
But sounds good at the moment. No Pop sound ON / OFF.

The module is really well protected : Yesterday I was tired and I mounted the power supply in the wrong way and the same for the OP amps... The module has automatically put itself in protection mode.
The Micro JST 2.0 connector is not practical for the SE input but I connected it with a JST 2.54 which is more conventional.

The amp :

- Full alu case
- HanZao TPA3255 module
- 350W LLC PSU / 36V / 9.5A
- OPA1656
- Alps volume pot
- PET Cooper Cables
- AC Filter

Next step : updating Buffer caps.... If I have time )

Tks to all of you for the info on the socket for the amp ( 5.5 mm 2.5 mm). I was going crazy, I tried so many plugs and none gave a good fit. Now I can adapt some of the meanwell sealed trafos that I have.

Hi Danni,

New amp looks great. Do you have links to all the parts or are they a kit,

tks.F.

Hi amigos,

I gave a test with the HanZao TPA3255 + OPA1692, I think it is the very first time they have been tested here with the TPA325X chip.

AMAZING OP AMPS !!!!!! Wouaaaaaaaaaaaa
An incredible definition! the highs are so good! The voices stand out wonderfully on the front of the stage, it's clean and what a soundstage! Love it )

Here are some videos, they are worth what they are worth but it gives an idea from a distance)

Video 1

HanZao TPA3255 OPA1692

Video 2

HanZao TPA3255 OPA1692 B

Hi Dani!
See you 'swimming' in countless clas D amps. What is your idea soundwise about them comparing to f.i. purifi and the likes? Do they differ alot? I am curious hearing your impressions. Thanks.

Hi,

No lie, the Purifi live up to their reputation but given their price, I would be hard pressed to answer with clairvoyance.
With my Gustard X16 DAC at the input line, I have trouble discerning the difference between a Hypex Ncore and the Purifi ... it's very close (but the Purifi is still better)! Compared to TPA325X, I would say it depends on the TPA we're talking about....

I would say: if you want to comfort yourself and the measurements reassure you and your wallet can follow, take a Purifi. If you have a tight budget, opt for a TPA3255.

Difficult to put in words
They dont sound like a horn but clean, open and direct
Many reviews about them
1/Audioholics, very positive allrounder for TV and Hifi
Klipsch RP-8000F Tower Speaker Review | Audioholics Home Theater Forums
2/Gr research, negative, developped a new crossover (for better drivers integration) Tech Talk 33: How to Improve the Klipsch RP-8000F - YouTube
Measurements are done with microphone at 1 and 2 meters giving different results (crossover range dip)
I tend to believe Audioholics measurements as my ears dont detect any flaws
and i like what i am hearing
Enjoy...
:D

I don't own these but recommended them to Gilles, as very different from the usual modern Klipsch I find usualy coloured or throwing sound forward, as most horns regardless budget (eg over 6 figures)

From where I come from I consider them mid-fi, so please apologise my criticism. BUT I consider the best VFM speaker that is both affordable and still acceptable to my demanding needs.

I know no other LS that comes close to them at the price you can trade them (in our case a bargain at 700$ pair, usualy more 1200$). These are the only mature solid big size full range (eg below 30Hz) LS I would consider for a serious beginner HIFI system, or a VG second system. OK, some B&W etc. can be more refined etc., but lack a register IMHO, be it low down or high up.

These Klipsch cover all frequencies with a nice blend, are quite dynamic and have no real flaw whatsoever (perfect allrounders?) and definitely not the reported dip some measured... and some didn't (German Audio reviews and other mags where quite outstanding). As most directive speakers, we found them better following an advice given here to cross them, that is to have the stereo triangle crossing say 50cm in front of you, which may sound odd but works here indeed, especialy if more listeners.

There is no real criticism at that price and I even consider them for a second system myself as they can easily play in the 3000$ league. You have to spend quite a bit of money to really better them. And I see no point spending slightly less as that is little money anyway for far less speakers usualy.

Now, what am I missing vs my much bigger high end system? First off, they tend to flatten the soundstage, that is to have (still) a more a frontal 2D presentation lacking depth. More over, like all 2 ways, they sound great for small jazz ensemble... and simply collapse somewhat when playing big operas. They can't really cope with the best systems with Verdi and Wagner when 120 musicians mix with a choral, the drivers are just losing their composure and the instruments are not nailed. Not many LS I know can remain 100% relax and when you throw that at them though, you have to look North of 10 000$ usualy. And that's it. OK, they go deep but are still bass reflex bass, not in the league of real 20hz closed boxes, but then there aren't many around these days... and hey ho, we are comparing budget speakers with absolute ones.

Bottom line, if you listen to rock, pop, or TV or whatever non too populated and complicated, mixed quite heavily by studios... you won't miss ANYTHING really unless comparing in length directly. THEY ARE FUN AND GOOD. If you are looking for the absolute speakers, obviously still a few steps to climb, but unlikely you will notice it unless you have trained ears and really demanding needs... and all the rest to match it, starting with a proper listening room.

Highly recommended, much different from olders Klipsch, defo worth a try and not difficult to drive. What more do you want?

Claude (as said, considering them for my my living room as daily LS)