DAC AD1862: Almost THT, I2S input, NOS, R-2R

ra7

Joined 2009
Paid Member
@ra7 Can you check the USB Streamer settings and set the sampling frequency to 44100 kHz and test the sound again? :)
If no sound, put the scope on pin 3 or 4 and see the scope if there is some data present and alternating while the music plays (you can compare it with the situation when music is paused).
With USBStreamer (controlled from JRiver) confirmed at 44.1 kHz, I setup a test signal of 1 kHz sine wave (same process in the previous post with the scope shots). I see faint traces plus normal traces with the signal on, and then the faint traces go away with signal off. Same behavior on pins 3 and 4.

Joined 2014
Paid Member
Ready for power, hopefully no magic smoke will be let out 😂.
Set up for preamp duty only, no need for relay.

Attachments

• IMG_0275.jpeg
    IMG_0275.jpeg
    485.5 KB · Views: 105
  • IMG_0274.jpeg
    IMG_0274.jpeg
    596.9 KB · Views: 101
  • IMG_0273.jpeg
    IMG_0273.jpeg
    605.8 KB · Views: 103
Reactions: 3 users

ra7

Joined 2009
Paid Member
Vunce, my brother, your good wishes did the trick! Perhaps I was too shy about pressing down the dac chip. On the second one, I noticed or thought some pins are not making contact. So I twisted and bent them and voila! Sound!!!

Those pins are tricky. Miro, thanks for your help and sorry for the trouble!

Reactions: 1 users
Put into your collection also a pair of DAC702BH, you will never know when I bring it to the life :ROFLMAO:
(it must be DAC702xx, where xx can be KH, BH, LH, CH, SH), CH and LH are the most precious (almost not available), KH is the least precious, BH with SH are in the middle (SH for wider temperature range, almost not available)
AD1862 awaits the fight :scared::fight:
I am contemplating to get the Dac702ch if you are certain about bringing to life... Not sure if they are genuine... Supplier claims them to be unused.
Put into your collection also a pair of DAC702BH, you will never know when I bring it to the life :ROFLMAO:
(it must be DAC702xx, where xx can be KH, BH, LH, CH, SH), CH and LH are the most precious (almost not available), KH is the least precious, BH with SH are in the middle (SH for wider temperature range, almost not available)
AD1862 awaits the fight :scared::fight:
I am very tempted to pull the trigger on a pair of dac702ch. Supplier claimed to be new chips. Not sure if they are legit. Pic is the actual chips they are supplying. They look beautiful. I only have 7 days to return if I want to. :D, 😁

Attachments

• Screenshot_20230528_190922.jpg
    Screenshot_20230528_190922.jpg
    97 KB · Views: 125
Reactions: 1 user