DIYA store "Wolverine" (Son of Badger) .... suggestions ??

Apologies if its been covered in this thread before, Is there a "typical example" build that has been done detailing all PS caps, TX and semi's to use? i.e. taking the options out of the BOM
No typical build because all the guys built amps with different components, to ensure low distortion results, stability and compatibility etc.

Caps are an issue because stock is very low everywhere. That is why there're options in the BOM. Pick your favorite.

As a starting point, decide if you will use the amp for low impedance speakers and then go to the second sheet in the BOM. The tables will show you the output/ driver transistor options and maximum rail voltages. There is a lot of information there.

Generally speaking use: Pre-drivers KSC3503/KSA1381 and Drivers MJE15032/33 but check compatibility with output transistors from the second sheet.

Hope that helps but if you're stuck send me an email.

Reactions: 1 user
For the o/p stage I ordered 2SC6145A and 2SA2223A from Digikey and Profusion
I find the Momentum Stereo from Dan D’Agostino Master Audio use it.

Attachments

• Screenshot_20220330_143208_com.android.chrome.jpg
    Screenshot_20220330_143208_com.android.chrome.jpg
    128 KB · Views: 172
I am trying to put together a parts order for the semis, minus the outputs. Is there any BC549cta in stock out there or in someone's parts bins that I can purchase? Is buying 30 or so of each of the small transistors enough to get good matching? Or can someone here sell me pre matched BC549/559CTAs? Just seems pretty inefficient for us all to buy that many extra for matching, and price gets way better when you buy 100+. I would offer, but currently don't have a way to match Hfe (yet). buying pre-matched would save me that investment, too. Please PM me if you can offer pre matched devices.

Joined 2016
Paid Member
I am trying to put together a parts order for the semis, minus the outputs. Is there any BC549cta in stock out there or in someone's parts bins that I can purchase? Is buying 30 or so of each of the small transistors enough to get good matching? Or can someone here sell me pre matched BC549/559CTAs? Just seems pretty inefficient for us all to buy that many extra for matching, and price gets way better when you buy 100+. I would offer, but currently don't have a way to match Hfe (yet). buying pre-matched would save me that investment, too. Please PM me if you can offer pre matched devices.
Element14 seams to have plenty in stock. Try using octopart to find stock.

Attachments

• Screenshot_20220331-061342_Chrome.jpg
    Screenshot_20220331-061342_Chrome.jpg
    174.3 KB · Views: 90
  • Screenshot_20220331-061317_Chrome.jpg
    Screenshot_20220331-061317_Chrome.jpg
    162.2 KB · Views: 92