Dual mono AK4495S with AK4137 and MCU/LCD DAC kit for $160

Status
This old topic is closed. If you want to reopen this topic, contact a moderator using the "Report Post" button.
Hi

I have finally assembled the dual AK4495 board with Pan. FM caps for dac and Silmic and AMCH caps for the analogue part with a NewclassD discrete opamp.
I have tried the AK4137 seperately and it was working with the another dac but when AK4495 is connected then no sound at all ...independent of output sample rate...
J02 on AK4137 is set and j10 and 11 is set on AK4495...
Any clues to the sound of silence?
I dont think this combo works in 'online' mode. To get it to work I had to use jumpers 2,3 &4 , leaving 10 and 11 open.
Jo3 on the 4137 board is correct.

Ozcal: I hope that it does...that was the reason buying the combination...

Lehuy: I think you are right. I just say Kukynas picture with a direct connector which looked more neat instead of the cable..but now checking the AK4137 print and the AK4495 reference list on the Alipress then my setup is wrong...will connect cable to check

Ozcal: Sorry if I sounded a bit harsh...thanks for your input and in case the 20pin connector re-arrangement doesn't work then I will try the other jumper settings...are AK4137 and Dual AK4495 not supposed to work together according to jumper settings 10 and 11...those were specific for this combination as I understand??

Ozcal: Sorry if I sounded a bit harsh...thanks for your input and in case the 20pin connector re-arrangement doesn't work then I will try the other jumper settings...are AK4137 and Dual AK4495 not supposed to work together according to jumper settings 10 and 11...those were specific for this combination as I understand??
This is a quote from the dual 4497 board sales page " The board then AK4137 board does not support inline control mode, you can use a non-integrated control mode with regard to the dual 4495 board."
I couldn't get any sound with jumpers 10 and 11 closed. I got sound with jumpers 2,3&4 closed and the sound was very good.

Last edited:
This is a quote from the dual 4497 board sales page " The board then AK4137 board does not support inline control mode, you can use a non-integrated control mode with regard to the dual 4495 board."
I couldn't get any sound with jumpers 10 and 11 closed. I got sound with jumpers 2,3&4 closed and the sound was very good.

Strange that they have the jumper 10+11 settings then...which boards then works with AK4137 boards as controller?

could you guys check and connect only J9 instead of J10+J11? if it doesn't work another try is J9+J10+J11, thanks...
Hi Daniel , will be ordering a new 4137 and Dual 4495 board today. It will take a few weeks to get it all built again taking shipping times into account but will report back if the new boards are any different to the first set I got.
The only way I could get sound out was to jumper 2,3&4 on the 4495 board with J3 closed on the 4137.
I ordered one of the 4118 boards that was designed specifically for the dual 4495 board but no matter what the setting could not get any sound.

Status
This old topic is closed. If you want to reopen this topic, contact a moderator using the "Report Post" button.