Full throttle construction of amplifiers

Status
This old topic is closed. If you want to reopen this topic, contact a moderator using the "Report Post" button.
Hi 191183

I would like to be able to give you the schematic
However I have a policy which has protected me for some years now and that is I do not release schematics or my artwork to anyone.

I have to make a living from this industry as this is all that I do.
and I would like to be able to keep doing this for years to come.
I have a lot of more new ideas and innovative designs to release
in the near furture and it takes a lot of money to finance this.

So I hope you understand my position on this...

191183...you were not lucky, as Mr. Holton already has kits sold to your place.

If he had not, of course you will turn an alive support for him, as he could refer to you if someone around wanted to listen his product.

That sittuation, sometimes produces a better price for the Kit, as to have an advanced amplifier, working in distant places, would increase the range of Aussie amplifiers, that is selling around the world.

Had not lucky my friend...the man told you clearly..cannot show schematics for a while...and i suppose already have units in your place....a pitty.

regards,

Carlos

holtons n-channel diy

hi everybody !
just wanted to show you my diy.
holtons n-ch design with minor mods to the devices in hand.
works like a charm..
no pcb, all perforated board with fat solder tracks.
intented for my car sub with smps at +/-60v rails.

Attachments

• mono test1.jpg
    mono test1.jpg
    89.2 KB · Views: 1,125
thanks to Mr. Holton

Mr. Holton hi!
i would like to thank you for the ideal solution
your n-ch design gave me as i had to be confined
to the limited scrap materials from the lab at work.
I was impressed by the performance and stability
of the outcome with not quite matched output devices
and some over-engineering.
i would certenly recomend the design.
(but not distribut it.. sorry guys not my idea)

thanks a lot again !!

here is the completed pack:

Attachments

• packed0.jpg
    packed0.jpg
    80.8 KB · Views: 965
191183 / purchase & ship to Russia

Actually there is not significant problems with shipments to Russia from Australia or North America. It does take a little longer, but the transactions and shipments are not difficult.

Our company has been shipping goods to Russia now for more than 10 years. Latvia, Slovacia, Moscow, Vladivostok, Irkutsk, etc., ... no problems except slow service, but even that is getting quite a lot better, faster. It is more difficult to ship to Finland because of change of planes or ships = multiple carriers. UPS or FedEx or DHL, all service as passthrough agents to Russian interior, even to small towns.

Using the PayPal methodology all but eliminates transaction difficulties, bank fees and exchange rate questions. ( https://www.paypal.com/cgi-bin/webscr?cmd=xpt/seller/mc/MCIntro-outside )

:cool:

My mistake, the NXV150 has Zobel filter.

I am sorry, my mistake, i said it has not.

It is not using the output inductor, but Zobel is there, not a very standard value, but it is there.

Oh!...a forum friend, someone that is personal friend too, wants me to listen Krell KSA-50...i cannot believe i will have to read all that giant thread!!!!

Well, i cannot complain, it is not fair, it is good to have all that information about...and having Jan Dupont and Jens Rasmussen around is a guarantee of quality..... well...unless i think they have some connection with Krell thread...at least they may have boards or something alike.

regards,

Carlos

Interestingly, what bipolar transistors of type are used in cascode? If you look at the conceptual scheme cascode it is executed on MOSFET and bipolar transistors. Why it was impossible to construct amplifier only on MOSFET? And why termal stability the target cascade is absent? If here it is supposed, that termal stability it is provided with MOSFETs, but it is true only for currents more than 2 Amperes.

Bi-polar v. MOSFET

" ... If you look at the conceptual scheme cascode it is executed on MOSFET and bipolar transistors. Why it was impossible to construct amplifier only on MOSFET? ..."

FETs & MOSFETs are commonly used at the very beginning of the audio amplification stage (pickup, low level sensing, phono pre-amps, etc.) to "condition" the input signal, but so far the intermediate stages using bi-polar (descrite or in op-amps) has proven to be the best (or at least better), audio wise, pimarily because of clean, low distortion, zero point crossing (transition between + and - power rails), supposedly yielding better specs.

Of course it is possible to design perfectly good "pure" FET / MOSFET amplification from low level input to high power output. Got suggestions?

:smash:

all MOSFET amp

I would start with the reference designs from the MOSFET manufacturers .... lots of good circuit suggestions, basic operation, etc. ... then tweak a breadboard design from there, grabing the soldering iron after you have a good. working circuit.

When you have something that works nicely, run it past us here and we may be able to help finalize your design ... and we may buy some of your "kits".

:cool: . :rolleyes: .. :bigeyes: ... :bawling: .... :D ..... :) ...... :smash: ....... :smash: ....... :cool:

I am giving up to construct simulated amplifiers, as they come with many bugs

And i turn crazy to put them to work.... this way half the pleasure is replaced by hard work.

I will construct amplifiers guaranteed...those ones the designer had constructed and are satisfied...stable units.

70 percent of all i do here is to fix bugs.....those son of simulators have normally things to adjust to real life...and this takes time and hard work.

So...i am on vacation as a non selective constructor, going into the guaranteed ones.

regards,

Carlos

Attachments

• img_3826.jpg
    img_3826.jpg
    95.2 KB · Views: 600
I was thinking more deeper Fast Eddy... as i construct amplifier since 1960

and i have started to make amplifiers, almost daily, after 1970....just constructing and evaluating amplifiers...units that other people have designed, copied or adapted.

So..i think that i have learned how to evaluate and i have developed some listening tricks to fool our "human brain adjustments"....well.... the controled A to B comparison.

But those last years....because of our forum, i have learned many things...the best thopologie...the good transistor...the interesting circuit...the good sounding stages and i decided to make my own.

And this is what i will make...a 30 volts stabilized supply going to a good amplifier...the best thopologie i could listen those years..or at least the best front end... bias adjustment...driver, output...well...i will put in this amplifier what i have learned and i will see if this one will work or not.

Maybe a CCS will be included in the differential...not sure.

If it works will be Dx amplifier and i will open a thread to give the details about it.

Now i will make my own.... debug work will be made to my own amplifier....tuning of capacitors will be made this next month i think.

I will not use, circuit secrets some good friends gave me...those circuits if used to my own listening will not be shown in the published schematic because friendship and copyrigths.

Of course it is not different from the amplifiers you use to watch...but it uses what i think that is good...and i will check and evaluate my learning process here in this forum...and the listening capacity i already have to evaluate it in a fair way....no problem if I fail..if the amplifier sounded as a drunk parrot..it will be Dx amp junk!

Thank you by the Link...hummm...i felt hungry watching those strawberries there...hummmm...delicious.

regards,

Carlos

Attachments

• um.jpg
    um.jpg
    93.8 KB · Views: 471
Status
This old topic is closed. If you want to reopen this topic, contact a moderator using the "Report Post" button.