Mini Karlsonator (0.53X) with Dual TC9FDs

K15 should pretty much be like that first sim. We just don't even know even if that impedance plot is correct - but sure seems more plausible than the published specs. A 15" with that fs and relatively small published Vas would have moving mass >300g.

fwiw I think the little 115BK scaled 1.2X to K15 bulk, would make a nice little K18 / 15 for some drivers

16MQ8tz.jpg

Founder of XSA-Labs
Joined 2012
Paid Member
About a year ago I had these 0.53x Karlsonator's made with dual 3FE25-16 in espresso brown (14 coats of hand-rubbed lacquer) and black Duratex K apertures. I finally got to see them in person at my place in Michigan where they are currently in use with the big TV in the excercise room. Placed on a stand next to a wall, I was really surprised how big the sound is and how well it reached some bass notes. The sound is full rich and balanced - really nice sounding speakers. These are following the plans by jhofland and my cabinet maker did a fantastic job. Really nicely done.

Using one of those optical Toslink to RCA converters feeding a 2.1 Class D amp with Bluetooth (FOSI brand). Not sure if a sub is really needed though.

attachment.php

attachment.php

attachment.php

Attachments

• Karlsonaror-0.53x-photo-04.jpg
    Karlsonaror-0.53x-photo-04.jpg
    110.8 KB · Views: 583
  • Karlsonaror-0.53x-photo-05.jpg
    Karlsonaror-0.53x-photo-05.jpg
    172.5 KB · Views: 414
  • Karlsonaror-0.53x-photo-06.jpg
    Karlsonaror-0.53x-photo-06.jpg