Moode Audio Player for Raspberry Pi

LCD Update Engine - Python Script

I have been using a Python script to display song information on a 20x4 LCD display. This seems to work very well, but I have a small problem.

I wrote a routine that will scroll song names and album names that are longer than 20 characters. The issue I have is that if I skip a track before the scrolling has completed the screen information does not get updated. Skipping the track again and everything is back to normal.

Tim's LCD Update Engine calls the user provided script everytime the song changes. What is the correct way to handle this in the Python script so that the information will not be lost when skipping tracks? How do you end the first program when the second program is called?

Any help with this would be really appreciated.

Cheers, Bryce.

In MacOS, if an event takes more than 120 seconds, a time out is issued - that's what the 1712 indicates.

Sometimes it's a hidden dialog screen, but it could be something wrong with your SD or the img file.

I use Apple Pi Baker and Etcher - I found Pi Filler a bit poor on error handling.

+1 on Etcher, I've never had any trouble with it at all on MacOS.

Hi,

I fixed a logic bug in the code that processes "click on same Playlist item". The bad logic was causing a 250 ms delay to be added after the play cmd. This could be the cause of the audio drop out in your scenarios.

I'll put out a 3.8.3 bugfix release that will include this fix and any others that are reported and can be fixed in next week or so.

Thanks for keeping the bug reports coming :)

-Tim

Hi Tim,
Intro skip on Chord Mojo when re-clicking on the already playing track (from a playlist) are still available. That is, in version 3.8.3 of the delay, nothing has changed after upgrading from 3.8.2.

Sergey.

Hi @ICLIP,

The MD5 hash for the 384 zip file is listed in the Purchase section at moodeaudio.org

The hash is: 96ae66303ff8f0486aa330cd5f53b3fc

If you are not getting this then your downloaded zip has somehow been corrupted.

-Tim
Tim, I have downloaded again from moodeaudio.org and have unzipped. Again I get d0fb4145923d4d088537cb252f50fb9c. Does this suggest that your ZIP file is corrupted and that the issue is not mine?

I have been using a Python script to display song information on a 20x4 LCD display. This seems to work very well, but I have a small problem.

I wrote a routine that will scroll song names and album names that are longer than 20 characters. The issue I have is that if I skip a track before the scrolling has completed the screen information does not get updated. Skipping the track again and everything is back to normal.

Tim's LCD Update Engine calls the user provided script everytime the song changes. What is the correct way to handle this in the Python script so that the information will not be lost when skipping tracks? How do you end the first program when the second program is called?

Cheers, Bryce.

+1 BryceJ has been super helpful in getting my 16x2 lcd working with MoOde. Scrolling would be just great for family use of moOde.

With you there @ remy1961 ;)
Moode Audio Player for Raspberry Pi

Also how do you make a radio station a favourite?

What os are you using to access MoOde...?

In Ubuntu I do... Filesystem>Connect toServer> Windows shares on moode.local smb://moode.local/ >connect

Then select >Radio > connect
And make a new folder of "Favourites" and move my favourite webradio stations to that.

Then in Moode Ui >Moode>configure>sources>Update MPD database

Last edited:
@Tim

The system that I successfully updated from 3.8.3 to 3.8.4 shows Mpd version 0.20.10 in the System info. The sd card got corrupted in my other system so I installed a fresh 3.8.4 image. However that system is showing Mpd version 0.20.9. Seems odd?

John

Hi John,

That is odd. I'll investigate right away.

-Tim

Hi John,

Yes indeed its a regression :-0 and thankfully the cause is known.

I'll have to temporarily remove the download zip and get a new one made and uploaded. It will take several hours.

I'll post an announcement when the updated download zip is available.

-Tim

Last edited:

Cheers, Bryce.

Hi, Bryce.

My days of writing serious Python code are behind me and it's possible there is a trivial fix to your problem which I've forgotten.

That said, I'd think the "proper" way to deal with this is to redesign your program so it is an event-handling service rather than a script which is called repeatedly.

I won't say more lest I misinform with facts I think I remember which aren't so. There's lots of tutorial material out there on the Interweb (TM). If I get a moment, I'll look through some of it myself.

Regards,
Kent