Moode Audio Player for Raspberry Pi

Hello,
I need a little help. I'm using Moode Audio for several years now, I prefer over Volumiom Rune, picoreplayer. Using it as the main player in the living room (no display, remote control only) and also my wife use it in the kitchen as player and radio (with the 7" official RPI display).

My question would be: what other display it supports without writing scripts/codes for it?

Now I need to finish a player for the flat I'm using weekdays, but I want to make it with a display. A smaller display would be nice. I do not care of album art etc., my dream would be a smaller oled display and a rotary encored with button where I can select what to play. As I understand this does not exist. Only as status display, what is not enough for me.
Thanks!
JG

- changed options in /lib/systemd/system/mpd.service
CPUSchedulingPolicy=fifo
CPUSchedulingPriority=70
Nice=-15
ExecStart=/usr/bin/taskset -c 2,3 /usr/local/bin/mpd --no-daemon $MPDCONF

do somebody know how to make those changes for camilladsp too? (there is no camilladsp.service file)
unfortunaly i seem to get some very subtle clicks/pops if camilladsp is activated :/

unfortunaly i seem to get some very subtle clicks/pops if camilladsp is activated :/
Did you try using larger chunks size (in camilladsp chunks size = (alsa buffer size) / 2 = 8 x (alsa period size)) https://github.com/HEnquist/camilladsp/blob/master/src/alsadevice.rs#L374 ? I do not know how to change that in moode, but generally the first step in fixing clicks/pops (provided those are alsa xruns) is to increase the period size to give the software more time to deliver fresh samples. Of course it can happen your CPU is not powerful enough to calculate the DSP and then increasing the period would not help - you would see in top in terminal or in something similar in moode GUI it if exists...

Did you try using larger chunks size (in camilladsp chunks size = (alsa buffer size) / 2 = 8 x (alsa period size)) https://github.com/HEnquist/camilladsp/blob/master/src/alsadevice.rs#L374 ? I do not know how to change that in moode, but generally the first step in fixing clicks/pops (provided those are alsa xruns) is to increase the period size to give the software more time to deliver fresh samples. Of course it can happen your CPU is not powerful enough to calculate the DSP and then increasing the period would not help - you would see in top in terminal or in something similar in moode GUI it if exists...
yes, but its just "gone" with a chunksize of 32768 .... (atleast audible gone, also the sq gets better and better as i make the buffer bigger) which doesnt seem right

yes, but its just "gone" with a chunksize of 32768
Perfect
.... (atleast audible gone, also the sq gets better and better as i make the buffer bigger) which doesnt seem right
I do not know about the sq improvement (hard-to-avoid accustic psychology in most cases), but using larger buffers and periods is always better from the safe data delivery POV (but increasing latency of course).

Newbie here, so please excuse me if I'm barking up the wrong tree.

Been running qobuz to my node2i and on to my Denon 3700 from the Bluos app for quite some time now, however, now thinking how I can improve things.

I don't want to go down the roon route, mind may consider Audirvana.

Would setting up a Pi4 with Moode allow me to stream Quboz direct to my node2i if so can anyone help and what connection would be best?

Would it also allow me to use the Auirvana app on my android phone?

Any help appreciated.

Strange noise between tracks
Hello i hope someone can help me to get rid of an annoying sound between tracks. It can be heard at the beginning of a track, just after the transition from the previous track. If the track where the sound was heard restarts, the noise will not be heard. It's not there. There is clean music.
So the track is clean? I don't have the problem with MP3 but with flac files
The noise is about 2 or 3 seconds i call it static noise? i recorded it check youtube ;)
Solutions to fix this are much appreciated

this is the responses I got from HifiBerry:
You need to disable ALSA power management. Check with the Moode guys how to do this.
Does anyone understand this?

Best Rob

setup:
Raspberry Pi 4 Model B - 4GB
HiFiBerry DAC+ RCA
music tracks are on USB with micro sd
Moode audio

Hi Rob... Try asking over at the MoOde forum.. might be something else if it only occours with Flac.
What sample and bit rate are the flac files ??
https://moodeaudio.org/forum/
There is a method posted for another o/s here..Post#1...no idea if it would work for you..(or even if this related to your noise.)
https://www.audiosciencereview.com/...-power-management-dapm-in-picoreplayer.13311/
Thank you for your response. I found the article you mentioned. But it's just not clear to me what it means en how it could help me

bit rate differs more than 900 I also see 1068kbps . 16/44.1 FLAC.
best Rob

Last edited:
hello guys, I am trying to find a good solution to have an output of 3 channels with moode (so to make room corrections with camilla).

I have read that motu 4m doesn't work with moode. So is there any other option of usb dac to use?

* I have seen piano 2.1. but I doubt that it produces results and it's hard to find.

How does tweaking software improve the jitter which is purely hardware-based?
because its not, google "OS Jitter" there are some researches about this out there, i can "clearly" hear SQ Improvement (like most would say it sounds more analogue compared to "digital") and the only really logical reason for that is OS Jitter :)

Like i said in the thread other at AS im really curious what a tweaked RT Kernel could do here further

i also would like to report a bug i had for some time now (yea also before the changes)
if you have 2 pages open on a chromium based browser one page for pipeline editor of camillaDSP the second page (with the normal moode UI) becomes really unresponsive (you can delete cookies and it comes back up again but after selecting a storage it becomes unresponsive again), closing the camilla pipeline editor page OR using a other browser (microsoft edge or android with brave was used) the normal ui works without issue again (even if the camillaDSP page is still open in the chromium based browser)
it just happens sometimes, not always

Last edited: