Official M2 schematic

Official Court Jester
Joined 2003
Paid Member
nope

what you need is 600:15K (nominally) , which gives you voltage ratio of 1:5

with classic repeater (150 x 4 ,usually connected as 600ct:600ct ) , you can get max voltage ratio of 1:3 , if you use one 150R winding as primary , rest connected in series as secondary ...... with drekload of resulting problems

Official Court Jester
Joined 2003
Paid Member
:rofl:

so let me rephrase it :

nope

what you need is 600:15K (nominally) , which gives you voltage ratio of 1:6 , when connected as autoformer

with classic repeater (150 x 4 ,usually connected as 600ct:600ct ) , you can get max voltage ratio of 1:4 when connected as autoformer
, if you use one 150R winding as primary , rest connected in series as secondary ...... with drekload of resulting problems

Official Court Jester
Joined 2003
Paid Member
this is what I had in my M2 proto

Attachments

• t_iskra_tl-1m.jpg
    t_iskra_tl-1m.jpg
    70.9 KB · Views: 637
  • 2.jpg
    2.jpg
    20.6 KB · Views: 628
Founder of XSA-Labs
Joined 2012
Paid Member
Teabag's M2 - First Sound

This amp was a joy to build. Simple simple simple compared to many of the class AB amps I have worked on.

Completed pair of Teabag M2's:
567288d1472539231-official-m2-schematic-m2-build-01.jpg

It seems to be running at 1.3A bias current, and the neat thing was to see it start low, and rise fairly quickly once warmed up. I guess had I been listening I would have heard it go through class B, then class AB, then class A :)

Even with the 52.3k resistor on R7, I could not get the DC offset to zero out. It's bottoming out at -95mV. However, that's not going to stop me from listening.

I am using my existing PSU but with a new 400VA 18vac trafo which makes exactly 25.0vdc rails. Ripple is 56mV with CRCLC filter ending with 20mF of small 1k cap bank and about 29mF total per rail.

This amp puts out some heat on these slightly undersized heatsinks.

Still listening to it but sounds very good so far. Wish it had more gain :D

567289d1472539231-official-m2-schematic-m2-build-02-sound-test.jpg

Attachments

• M2-build-01.jpg
    M2-build-01.jpg
    118.7 KB · Views: 6,517
  • M2-build-02-sound-test.jpg
    M2-build-02-sound-test.jpg
    129 KB · Views: 3,904
Last edited:
This amp was a joy to build. Simple simple simple compared to many of the class AB amps I have worked on.

It seems to be running at 1.3A bias current, and the neat thing was to see it start low, and rise fairly quickly once warmed up. I guess had I been listening I would have heard it go through class B, then class AB, then class A :)

Even with the 52.3k resistor on R7, I could not get the DC offset to zero out. It's bottoming out at -95mV. However, that's not going to stop me from listening.

I am using my existing PSU but with a new 400VA 18vac trafo which makes exactly 25.0vdc rails. Ripple is 56mV with CRCLC filter ending with 20mF of small 1k cap bank and about 29mF total per rail.

This amp puts out some heat on these slightly undersized heatsinks.

Still listening to it but sounds very good so far. Wish it had more gain :D
is this your first FW clone build? for sure it wont be the last :D Opposite way that I never build class ab due to its complicated schematic.

I use 2 paralel 100k for R6 and R7, default DC after soldering around +400mV but after trimming multiturn trimpot, I can get close to 1mV, even down to -30mV on my testing

Last edited: