SlewMaster Builds

The G2s connect together with a jumper wire. The ground lug next to the output lug goes to the star ground. Thw IPS ground lug connects to the ground lug provided between PD and ND on the OPS.

The two G2s "could" go to the star rather than connecting together but that is as lot more wiring and doesn't seem to gain anything.

I now have two Symasui input boards and two 5 pair output board assembled. One of the output boards only has two output transistors installed. I'm getting 1.5mV on the emitter resisters of the full output board. I'm getting between 18 - 20 mV on the emitter resister of the output board with 1 pair. Both boards have around 1 mV of DC offset. I'm thinking my supply just have enough voltage to make these things work. My 45 volt 1kva transformer should arrive any day now. I'll see what it does.

My new transformer arrived. Rail voltage is much more stable now as is the 12 volt sections of the Symasui boards. I am still unable to get any bias current to flow in either of my output boards. Both Symasui boards seam to operate flawlessly standalone but when I connect them to an output board the oscillate pretty badly. I've gone completely through the components on both output boards. I've tried changing bias transistors from BD 139-16 to MJE340s. I'm at a loss where else to look.

I'd say the lack of bias adjustment is a clue. I can bias mine with +- 30V rails but my Symasui boards won't work at that voltage with the stock values. I'll see if I can simulate your issue. Please remind me what rail voltage you are running at and what values you changed in the Symasui boards. Also if you changed anything in the OPS.

I'd say the lack of bias adjustment is a clue. I can bias mine with +- 30V rails but my Symasui boards won't work at that voltage with the stock values. I'll see if I can simulate your issue. Please remind me what rail voltage you are running at and what values you changed in the Symasui boards. Also if you changed anything in the OPS.

All values are back to the schematic and 65 volt rails now.

Did you say your OPS won't bias with 18K jumpers? I would suspect something wrong there. Here is a pic of my Symasui board. I used the values in the schematic.

Attachments

• close up.jpg
    close up.jpg
    797.1 KB · Views: 730
I used NJW0281/0302 for drivers in my latest boards. They work fine. I will try to get time to take some voltage measurements. Double check all of your resistors and make sure they are all right. One one OPS board I had the wrong transistor in the cap multiplier and had a 5v drop instead of 1 1/2V. Just recheck all the TO-225 devices for proper device and orientation.