Jean Michel on LeCleac'h horns

Large (1 meter) horn is about EUR 160 ($215) plus shipping. Finishing glossy or metallic.

How much is surface shipping to California, USA? What concerns us, or at least some of us, is that in some Countries, their local post offices will not ship larger packages and international corporations such as DHL, FedEx, or UPS charge beyond ridiculous prices for their monopolized services.

New 400Hz

Size is too large for standard shipping which is very cheap. 16 pcs. of 400Hz (48cm diameter) is $580. Polamer charges $200 (airmail) for size 40x40x8 inches, weight 10kg. If you increase height to 20" then $500.
If you are making new molds I would rather see you fix the 400Hz horn so that it can be used with a 1 inch driver. The 400Hz are just small enough with the flanges not yet installed to ship via the Post Office for $90/ pair. Any of the larger horns are just a dream as the shipping is ridiculous. Beyond a certain package size they charge by volume, not weight. Shipping a pair of 350Hz horns to the US costs $500 as they are just over the limit for normal mail. Shipping a full 1200mm x 1200x 1500 pallet is $1100 and could carry 20 350Hz horns. USA import tax brings the total to about $5000 for 20 horns. Unless you fill a pallet, shipping will be too high to consider doing anything with a 1 meter horn.

If you are making new molds I would rather see you fix the 400Hz horn so that it can be used with a 1 inch driver. The 400Hz are just small enough with the flanges not yet installed to ship via the Post Office for $90/ pair. Any of the larger horns are just a dream as the shipping is ridiculous. Beyond a certain package size they charge by volume, not weight. Shipping a pair of 350Hz horns to the US costs $500 as they are just over the limit for normal mail. Shipping a full 1200mm x 1200x 1500 pallet is $1100 and could carry 20 350Hz horns. USA import tax brings the total to about $5000 for 20 horns. Unless you fill a pallet, shipping will be too high to consider doing anything with a 1 meter horn.

You could add me to the group buy list if you guys are trying to get them into the US. (obviously that still depends on the total $$$ per horn)

I'm curious why no one has ever asked me for E-JMLC :)

Attachments

• E-JMLC.gif
    E-JMLC.gif
    147.7 KB · Views: 662
Above is 150Hz. Elliptical-JMLC horns of Fc larger than 355Hz will have a width smaller than 90cm. Ferguson type is for cone loudspeakers. Iwata was built in the past, measurements exist.

I'm interested in E-JMLC horns, but how to find enpugh people interested in the project to decrease mould fees and horn made at the end?

Also, elliptical take much place than IWATA-JMLC at same Fca ;

If a pair of 2" E-JMLC Fca=180Hz is available for someting like 300€ I'm in! as well for IWATA-JMLC.
I have a contact who built me Aluminium round JMLC who can build the throught adapter...

see u

To be honest, we never built the elliptical with my friend Jean-Michel;
As You see plan from Jazaga You can understand made needs special mould, only industry can provide at lowest cost.
It's like a Iwata idea, more large than high for larger dispersion and larger sweet spot;

Also,the main idea consist in waveforme propagation in the horn ,as Lecleac'h horn performs,with better impedance adaptation and principal without return waves in the horn to the diaphragm (sorry for my poor english);
Elleiptical is original and so new!
Can imagine such a Dali chair as a horn in your saloon? ;-)

OK jazaga,let's do It !!!

Last edited: